Re: The Official La Quiete/Catena response topic!

That Tower Recordings LP sounds really

good.

I've met so many good people through this forum, and found out about so many amazing bands. Everyone has been so friendly

too..

i agree with all parts of this posting! smile and confirm that the tower recordings lp is really good. i really appreciate chris

bress' reviews, they are short and sweet and give me a real idea of whether i want to check something out or not.

I just ordered it

along with the Evens LP. 

Excited!

DIY minded recording in Leeds: www.suburbanhome.co.uk

haha just thinking about the whole c-zine close-knit community thing, and it was so funny at

the leeds show because as i was walking around if i didn't know who somebody was (which was most people) i'd ask someone and they'd be like "oh i don't

know, they don't post on collective" and we'd be like "OH, IT'S ONE OF THEM!" THEY had become the minority!... haha i didn't

know whether to laugh or cry.

i know at least a couple of people who find this place quite intimidating....

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first time
I never think about the last

haha just thinking about the whole c-zine close-knit community

thing, and it was so funny at the leeds show because as i was walking around if i didn't know who somebody was (which was most people) i'd ask someone and

they'd be like "oh i don't know, they don't post on collective" and we'd be like "OH, IT'S ONE OF THEM!" THEY had become

the minority!... haha i didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

mountain out of a molehill.. like a said, its not a club, its just nice coz

it starts conversation "hey yeh i post as joe c" "oh yeh your into xyz, i think we traded" "yeh cool!"

since when did it matter meeting new kids

whether post on cz  :?  :?  :?  :?

seriously did people actually differentiate between people like that?!

being from out of town i guess thats who you're gonna be familiar with is all

haha just thinking about the whole

c-zine close-knit community thing, and it was so funny at the leeds show because as i was walking around if i didn't know who somebody was (which was most

people) i'd ask someone and they'd be like "oh i don't know, they don't post on collective" and we'd be like "OH, IT'S ONE OF

THEM!" THEY had become the minority!... haha i didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

mountain out of a molehill.. like a

said, its not a club, its just nice coz it starts conversation "hey yeh i post as joe c" "oh yeh your into xyz, i think we traded" "yeh cool!"

since

when did it matter meeting new kids whether post on cz  :?  :?  :?  :?

seriously did people actually differentiate

between people like that?!

what!? i wouldn't SERIOUSLY alienate someone for not posting on cz?!? it was just so bitterly ironic

that we had become the majority there. i'm not making a "mountain out of a molehill" it was just funny...!

EDIT: and it DOESN'T matter of kids post

on c-zine it was a joke man!

haha

just thinking about the whole c-zine close-knit community thing, and it was so funny at the leeds show because as i was walking around if i didn't know who

somebody was (which was most people) i'd ask someone and they'd be like "oh i don't know, they don't post on collective" and we'd be like "OH, IT'S

ONE OF THEM!" THEY had become the minority!... haha i didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

mountain out of a

molehill.. like a said, its not a club, its just nice coz it starts conversation "hey yeh i post as joe c" "oh yeh your into xyz, i think we traded" "yeh

cool!"

since when did it matter meeting new kids whether post on cz  :?  :?  :?  :?

seriously did people actually

differentiate between people like that?!

what!? i wouldn't SERIOUSLY alienate someone for not posting on cz?!? it was just so

bitterly ironic that we had become the majority there. i'm not making a "mountain out of a molehill" it was just funny...!

well i

think for better or for worse it did pay off, in the same way if we didnt all goto down to Nottingham about 4 people would have watched La Quiete or Catena

Collapse.. i thought most people who wanted to go from leeds went anyway though i came accross a lot of locals throughout the night who i didnt see at the

other dates

i know at least a couple of people who find this place

quite intimidating....

thats a shame, because pretty much everyone was a newbie once. new people join all the time and don't get

any bother, i guess maybe some people see a few of the times that it 'goes off' and that blights their whole opinion of the site. which is a shame. but

then the negative side of things will always loom larger over the good side, in anything that goes on.

yeah, apparently we are a bit intense! and i guess the fact most of you know each other

makes it seem a bit cliquey too, but what can you do? when people say this though i always feel like they are trying to  have a bit of a go at me without

saying as much  as i quite like it here(duh) even though i only know a few people!

i knew more people from going to leeds previously than from cz there infact, i guess it was

intense, but do you think that kinda thing couldnt have been pulled together without help from people on this board/the internet connecitons.. myself im not

sure

i dont think its intimidating...i mean, surely you just ignore posts you dont really

understand or that go a bit crazy...i just tend to skip to the ones about something im interested in.

i dont think its intimidating...i mean, surely you just ignore

posts you dont really understand or that go a bit crazy...i just tend to skip to the ones about something im interested in.

you

mean...

http://www.twnonline.org/newsarchive/010927/Zoolander_Ben_Stiller_2001_B.jpg

??  roll

i dont understand!  :oops:

exactly!!!!!  :abducted:

yeah, apparently we are a bit intense! and i guess the

fact most of you know each other makes it seem a bit cliquey too, but what can you do? when people say this though i always feel like they are trying to 

have a bit of a go at me without saying as much  as i quite like it here(duh) even though i only know a few people!

shame. i wish

everyone could feel welcome! intense is good - its always nice to see passion even if its only on the interweb smile cliques - well, on a forum thats coming up

for 2 years old that'll be the case anywhere unfortunately. but there are probably more people who post on here who aren't in the perceived cliques than

those that are. we just post more often wink

anyway, why there are people out there that wouldn't want to post on the same

forum as kunal is beyond my perception of understanding.

i dunno, im sure this stuff went on pre-internet, im sure communication was much more

difficult and there were probably even less kids as the net sort of eliminates the 'getting into hardcore through finding shelter cds in 2nd hand shops'

route some of us oldies had to endure, but it just encouraged you to work a bit harder almost, im sure alot of people were much less jaded  and there was

alot less division too, but i digress.......

knew more people from going to leeds previously than from cz there infact, i guess it

was intense, but do you think that kinda thing couldnt have been pulled together without help from people on this board/the internet connecitons.. myself im

not sure

yeah, apparently we

are a bit intense! and i guess the fact most of you know each other makes it seem a bit cliquey too, but what can you do? when people say this though i

always feel like they are trying to  have a bit of a go at me without saying as much  as i quite like it here(duh) even though i only know a few

people!

shame. i wish everyone could feel welcome! intense is good - its always nice to see passion even if its only on the

interweb smile cliques - well, on a forum thats coming up for 2 years old that'll be the case anywhere unfortunately. but there are probably more people who

post on here who aren't in the perceived cliques than those that are. we just post more often wink

anyway, why there are people out there that

wouldn't want to post on the same forum as kunal is beyond my perception of understanding.

i find Kunals

glasses EXTREMLY offensive.

anyway, this is all self-agrandising and pointless navel gazing now. over analysis of our

own forum is not really necessary!

this thread has run its course and is panting to the line with asthma inhaler in hand.

much love to

everyone who attended any show on this tour.

kunal is boss, if you dont like that man then you are a bit funny