Topic: pressing info/help

hi, I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out.. I want to get some music pressed (CDr/vinyl/MC) and was wondering if you know any cheap/reliable places?

thanks alot

Re: pressing info/help

Hi Boulty, have a look here, might be of some help. http://www.collective-zine.co.uk/module … &t=474

yeah check out that topic. i found that gz does really cheap pressing. yeah

you should listen to more eno.

thanks alot, I might go with gz but I read that they make the odd fuck up and sometimes their pressings are a lil noisey on quieter stuff (got that from fat cat site).  http://www.sfhuk.net/products/ looks quite nice and pretty cheap so gonna weigh up the odds, see which is best and then see what I can actually afford

Our 7"s were done at GZ... took absolutely ages, and nearly came without the outer plastic sleeves... then the sleeves turned out to be 6mm wider than I was told, so I'd made the inlay too small... oh, and the outer sleeves came with 2 little green recycling logos stamped on one side with the word "peld" underneath, which I'm now cleaning off with white-spirit.

The plus points: cheap, sounds great, the centre label is really good print quality and the vinyl is a nice thickness.

CZ is however also known as one of the biggest polluters in that area apparently...hence the reason why me & marga ('opiate') never use(d) it.

(A) : (L) : (D)

has anyone actually used the http://www.sfhuk.net/products/ place?  I've heard a lot of people talking about it but not heard of anyone who has actually used it.  I'm interested to know how it went for someone who has used them.

CZ is however also known as one of the biggest polluters in that area apparently...hence the reason why me & marga ('opiate') never use(d) it.

How does it pollute more than other pressing plants?

because they have no laws against polluting there compared to somewhere like france or germany which have a lot more stringent laws on how much companies are allowed to pollute

i used eldorado-media, cheaper and faster than GZ and no import duties as its in germany

WAK012: Titan - Pilzmarmelade LP out now
www.wakusei.co.uk

you'll find a lot of smaller companies use gz though - we went with what we thought was an indipendant company (chameleon developments (who were really helpful and good though)), and it turned out they simply passed the work onto gz...

ooosh!

i used eldorado-media, cheaper and faster than GZ and no import duties as its in germany

yeah although a friend of mine who did the fuck u is my name 7" that just came out wnet with eldorado. and he had to pay 200 more because of an error done by eldorado.

you should listen to more eno.

you'll find a lot of smaller companies use gz though - we went with what we thought was an indipendant company (chameleon developments (who were really helpful and good though)), and it turned out they simply passed the work onto gz...

which is why we use a Dutch company which is more expensive, but in return also has a much better environmental record and better quality.
For the Kriegstanz 10', members of the band were at the actual cutting of the vinyl and made sure the sound was exactly as they wanted it (and hence the thing sounds awesome!). That;s another benefit of doing it at a place where you can actually go yourself and communicate with them in a language both actually understand smile

I agree with keeping costs down as much as possible but it shouldn't be at the expensive of all the other important factors. Plus, you'll find a lot of people who keep costs low, still don't show this in the actual prices they sell their stuff for. I rather make less 'profit' per record and sell people something which I know is good quality & didn't cause more than necessary pollution...

(A) : (L) : (D)

good points, but like i said, i wasn't directly aware at the time that it was going to be done via gz!
unfortunatly (or not rather!), the quality of the record was really really good - they boosted the level right up, and did it on slightly thicker than expected vinyl, so it sounds really great...

ooosh!