Topic: warwickshire/birmingham recording studios

we need to record in the next couple of weeks in the shropshire, west midlands type area.

does anyone know of anyone that could do it relatively cheaply? we have a sixteen track porta studio thing with 8 inputs but none of us have enough

mics/intellegence to use it so if someone wants to come help us out that'd be ace too. we need to get a quality audible enough to go on a seven inch.

"Before I give my own review of this book I just want to say that I am a huge harry potter fan, to the extent that I actually have a deathly hallows tattoo on my bottom. I'm also quite ill right now, but I fought against my horrid cold to read this book. "

Re: warwickshire/birmingham recording studios

A bit of travel but...

Prism Studios in Stoke - Shaun who runs it is a dude, we did

our 7" their, Humanfly, Spy vs Spy, Kill Yourself.... £180 a day and sounds aceness.

A bit of travel but...

Prism Studios in Stoke -

Shaun who runs it is a dude, we did our 7" their, Humanfly, Spy vs Spy, Kill Yourself.... £180 a day and sounds aceness.

stokes not too

far for us, it's just finding the £180  big_smile
does that price include mixing and mastering etc?

"Before I give my own review of this book I just want to say that I am a huge harry potter fan, to the extent that I actually have a deathly hallows tattoo on my bottom. I'm also quite ill right now, but I fought against my horrid cold to read this book. "

i emailed the guy but i doubt he'll be able to fit us in because we need to record either

next weekend or the weekend after so we have some songs for a split 7" out in time for a summer tour we're doing. so if anyone has any brainwaves that'd be

amazing. we have a 16 track porta recording thingy with 8 inputs so if someone wants to come to us and help us use the damn thing that'd be

amazing!

oh and mattRSP, shaun from prism says hi!

theres one in nuneaton that gv and fuckhatepropoganda

used, dont know much about it though

damo

I'll find out about this for you, it's up in Galley Common. a few other local

bands recorded there too .. There's fluxstudios.co.uk in Birmingham too, that's where we're going to be doing ours I think. I have a feeling you already

recorded this song though?

I just realised this was from September, haha .. Dick.

A bit of travel but...

Prism Studios in Stoke -

Shaun who runs it is a dude, we did our 7" their, Humanfly, Spy vs Spy, Kill Yourself.... £180 a day and sounds aceness.

is this the one

done by Fuck Hate Propaganda guy, im really interested in this innit.

A bit of travel

but...

Prism Studios in Stoke - Shaun who runs it is a dude, we did our 7" their, Humanfly, Spy vs Spy, Kill Yourself.... £180 a day and sounds

aceness.

is this the one done by Fuck Hate Propaganda guy, im really interested in this innit.

nah, prism isn't

alex's studio.  i've heard some really good recordings come from prism and i've also heard some really lifeless recordings (and no, the band themselves

weren't boring!) so i'm in two minds about it.

alex's studio is actually in the same industrial block as prism, i'll give you his number if you

need it joe.  alex is either £80 or £100 a day (he might have just increased his prices) but he does mixing/mastering on top of that for free, so what you

pay for the day is actually purely for recording.

i emailed the guy but i doubt he'll be able to fit us in because we

need to record either next weekend or the weekend after so we have some songs for a split 7" out in time for a summer tour we're doing. so if anyone has any

brainwaves that'd be amazing. we have a 16 track porta recording thingy with 8 inputs so if someone wants to come to us and help us use the damn thing

that'd be amazing!

oh and mattRSP, shaun from prism says hi!

You could get a good recording at a place called Flux

studios in a little known place called Tipton in the West Midlands. My band recorded there and it came out sounding good irrespective of what some people on

here think of the music!

Putting the chat amongst the pigeons.

Shit Broads already posted about it!

do people reckon we should go with flux in brum or prism in stoke for our new recordings for a 7" then?

do people reckon we should go with flux in brum or prism in stoke for

our new recordings for a 7" then?

Judging by what Flux's other recordings have sounded like I think it would do favours for you guys

Ed. I haven't heard any recordings from Prism but Flux is reasonably priced too.

I'm with broads. I should know!

We're in Flux mid June!  big_smile

We're in Flux mid June!  big_smile

Woooooo!