Topic: the autumn year

I just listened to the first EP for the first time in aaages... it's amazing.

"What's this, Lynn?"

"It's the first Autumn Year EP."

"It's brilliant"

(I just did that to annoy whoever complained about Alan Partridge quotes earlier wink )

Re: the autumn year

"Listen to this, it'll knock your socks off."

Buttmonsters

yeah, i like this ep although i do find it a little bit...hmm. a couple of pointless tracks but some great bits (tracks 2 and 5 are really good, i can't remember the titles). the hidden track is funny too. i think i might have seen their last ever show. maybe.

even if you do find work, you'll still be living in a town made of dirt...

their ep on contrition is pretty solid. the album on the other hand is diabolical. gl, i think the one you have is the album because the ep doesn't have a hidden track?

The first EP does have a hidden track. You have to skip back from track one and there's a lovely little ditty there. I loved The Autumn Year. When I was in my old band we played with them at one of their first shows in Leeds. It was at the Royal Park and you could tell then that they would be pretty special. Good 'uns I say!

What now for man raised by puffins?

Yeah I wasn't keen on the album at all.. I think I listened to it once, then sold it a while later!

I'll have to check out this hidden track though! I've never performed such an exciting action with my CD player before.

John's backing vocals just sound so awesome.. especially when he breaks into his canvas scream.. holy wow.

That first e.p is pretty funny, i've never heard anything so out of tune! Only kidding, only kidding.

I was a MENTAL canvas fan when i was younger, so when 'the year' came out i was like: what is this PUSSY shit?! But some of it has grown on me.
The best things about that band where: Steve Byrne (bass) being a BIG Man and John Suttcliffes drumming, mmmm...understated.

Fun Fact: John S's dad use to be a Grumbleweed, NO SHIT!

Unbelievable. And very brave.

i used to love watching this band but i never actually got round to buying anything,  so i've never heard them recorded.  at least i know what to avoid now!

gl, i think the one you have is the album because the ep doesn't have a hidden track?

yeah, i was referring to the album. oops. i think i got mixed up because i only thought they released that one thing and it's got 7 tracks on it.

even if you do find work, you'll still be living in a town made of dirt...