Topic: gauge means nothing 12"

ha ha, this stuff is totally off the hook. ridiculous! has anyone here actually heard them? i picked it up for distro because i thought i recognised the name (don't think i did now), but anyway this is really cool. totally random. one minute it's a total spaz with everyone yelling like their pants are on fire then it goes into this amazing melodic section with some totally cute girl vocals.

check this nonsense out, it's delightfully fun and original.

Re: gauge means nothing 12"

it gets dafter. they are all screaming and dying in one song when they break out the glass chimes. and you thought screamo was dead because no bands knew how to sound like anything other than orchid or pg99.

if there is one left

ILL HAVE IT

smile

All the crunked blood transfusions have helped me develop into the GREATEST POSTER EVER.

yeah, i only had 1 other copy left so it's yours. £6. it's mental, i totally love this!!! in the same song as above they are now in this really melodic section with the girl singing and a guy screeching the house down whilst they rock out this totally catchy piano stuff in the background. i have never heard anything like it.

Glass chimes? A bit similar to a vibraphone aren't they?  wink

yes, but used in moderation, jopathan, they work very well.  wink

awesome

i cant wait for this

All the crunked blood transfusions have helped me develop into the GREATEST POSTER EVER.

i picked it up for distro because i thought i recognised the name

There was a band on Tree called Gauge?

i'll explain in the morning 'cause the kitchen bright's too light

yeah, they are pretty old though so it wasn't them who i was thinking of.

i downloaded them agggggeess ago and deleted them after one listen coz they were so stupid.

yeah, they are pretty old though

True.  They're not particularly good, either ....

I'm intrigued by this new one though.

i don't much care for stupid bands, wears off very quickly

Tone

"I believe that it is possible for a person to be able to do what they want, aim for what they want, without the fear of what those around them might say....whatever you might choose to do in your life, make sure you make that choice yourself"

sounds like blood brothers or something else i would dislike.. hmm if dan cant stomach em im sure i cant  :?

Tone

exactly

i find stupid bands are pretty negi additions to my collection.. who wants my vincent princes orhpan powered death machine / clancy6 split  roll  wink

i thought it was a bit over the top at first, but after listening to it properlyt (i.e. not just 1 listen to 1 song) i've decided it's incredible. just a great blend of different things, very original and very exciting. joe, it is nothing nothing nothing like the blood brothers, but you would definitely hate it though based on things you have said about other bands. it's screamo, but done as a breath of fresh air. i try and make a posi thread about an interesting new band and you all start fucking whining. get over yourselves.

AMEN TO ANDY

YO POSTMAN

GET THAT CHEQUE DOWN PRONTO

SAFE SHIT BOY!

yeah, they are pretty old though

True.  They're not particularly good, either ....

they were a very influential band in the 90's... roll

i have a cd by a band called gauge on underdog records

damo

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first time
I never think about the last

yep, underdog was a collective from chicago.they put out a lot of records:gauge lps,cap'n jazz 7", obscure comps,etc...

they were a very influential band in the 90's... roll

Don't you roll your eyes at me sonny.  big_smile

I know they were influential; I just don't like them that much.

I have heard a bunch of their recordings over the last six months or so adn I could never really get into it. Hard to pinpoint why not, but I seem to recall baing sceptic about how every song sounded like a new band (usually a sin of the band being unexperienced and not having found their style), but in the end I think it was the keyboard sounds that turned me off.

the 12" is cohesive, i think the songs fit together well. though i can see why you could be a bit put off!  smile