Topic: Killing Spiders

Massive ones keep turning up in my house, first I was killing them, now I think some sort of spider karma is making the situation worse.

I swear the same one I 'released back into the wild' 3 nights ago has just waltzed across the living room. I have left him trapped in a glass, surely a short sting in solitary will set him back on the straight and narrow and the little shit will stop breaking into my house?

Re: Killing Spiders

What would Steve Irwin do?

You know how close I came to writing that anyway? You know what they say about great minds Kunal.

stupid minds do that too don't forget

As for the spider, i think you should crucify it on a star constructed from 4 lollipop sticks and prop it in your window

Spiders dont like citrus. Spray some citronella mixed with water on a cloth and wipe down all the surfaces that they tend to pop up on.
Because they taste through their feet, they wont walk across it.

Thats how they got all the little spiders to do shit in Arachnaphobia!

'Balls to it'

breather-resist wrote:

Spiders dont like citrus.

such as Lipton Ice Tea?

My mum heard that if you put a conker in each corner of the room they don't like it. If this is true, my respect for spiders will shoot through the floor.

My advice: ignore them, they don't do anything wrong. And they get rid of flies and mosquitoes.

breather-resist wrote:

this is good advice and all but i don't think fessey wants spiders to poo all over his house!

mirieth- wrote:
breather-resist wrote:

this is good advice and all but i don't think fessey wants spiders to poo all over his house!

Kunal wrote:
breather-resist wrote:

Spiders dont like citrus.

such as Lipton Ice Tea?

Every one a gem.....

You boys are wasted on this board.

'Balls to it'

Jop wrote:

My mum heard that if you put a conker in each corner of the room they don't like it.

I doubt anyone would especially like that

Jop wrote:

My mum heard that if you put a conker in each corner of the room they don't like it. If this is true, my respect for spiders will shoot through the floor.

I really want this to be true.  I have this great mental image of a huge tarantula lording it over my living room, seeing a conker in the corner and then running out off the balcony.

i'll explain in the morning 'cause the kitchen bright's too light

http://www.whalefish.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/monster%20pics/giant%20spider.gif

Every time I click a thread on this here board, I'm never sure if its going to be a bands name or a subject, I can't decide if Killing Spiders is a good band name or not.

8 Legged Freaks would be a "better" bandname

we had a slug in our kitchen yesterday with NO IDEA how it got there. there was no trail to give a clue either. it was disgusting. i killed it and PETA cried themselves to sleep.

"My name is a killing word."

slugs are EASILY the easiest little nasty thing to get rid of! put some gloves on, pick them up, they wont move, put em outside

I eat a slug for 10 pound on acollege risidential in Derby, i waslaughing though cus i just swallowed it and earned tenner.

'He didnt do it for like fame or magazine or money or any o' that bullshit'

breather-resist wrote:

Spiders dont like citrus. Spray some citronella mixed with water on a cloth and wipe down all the surfaces that they tend to pop up on.
Because they taste through their feet, they wont walk across it.

you watched 'how clean is my house' last night didn't you? i did anyway and that little gem of a tip was on there. those scruffy bastards in that house didn't deserve help though. they had a bacteria on their kitchen floor which can cause gangrene.

hippies.

wait a minute, don't knock me around, don't throw me down, you take the six pack, don't kick me out, all the money is still in the hat.

helpmeimdecomposing wrote:

they had (facts) on their (tv show) which can cause (scare mongering).

Moths = Motherfuckers.

Fuck Moths. Dirty bastards.

Unbelievable. And very brave.

Blast that foo'

23 (edited by helpmeimdecomposing 07-09-2006 13:38:11)

Jop wrote:
helpmeimdecomposing wrote:

they had (facts) on their (tv show) which can cause (scare mongering).

scare mongering or not, they were scruffy twats. anyone can run a hoover over some carpet, unless you don't have a hoover. but they did, so they have no excuse.

are moths made entirely from dust? i hate them too. but i hate most insects, i'm soft.

wait a minute, don't knock me around, don't throw me down, you take the six pack, don't kick me out, all the money is still in the hat.

I fucking love smacking the shit out of insects

Unbelievable. And very brave.

25 (edited by Opus 07-09-2006 13:41:43)

Insects deserve a slap just for being such a crap bunch of animals. I can't think of a single insect or arachnid that i'd go two's on a cig with.