Re: Die, Emperor! Die!

go to the post office, get your dollars, put them in an envelope, send 'em over! i sent level plane $200 in cash once, got there without a hitch.

i usually tuck dollars into a 'zine or something... costs about 50p more in postage weight, but i feel that bit safer!

ooosh!

i have never once had problems with sending stuff in the mail to the us

i do it fucking far too much infact. BIG no idea order coming over soon for me and andy h! yikes we just sent money, some stuff we liked and "surprise us"

more money than we can hold onto..  roll

go to the post office, get your dollars, put them in an envelope, send 'em over! i sent level plane $200 in cash once, got there without a hitch.

how long did it take for your goods to arrive from level-plane? i ordered and paid for some stuff from them 6 weeks ago and nothings turned up yet? I figure there may be a delay because it was just before the christmas period...how long does ground mail generally take? normally whenever i've ordered from the usa its arrived with 2-3 weeks..although this is generally with airmail.

anyway i have yet to have a problem sending money to the states.

someone's nicked yer money  wink

ooosh!

i have the split with burned out bright, great stuff, and fantastic packaging! would love to get hold of a copy of this demo...it's on tape right? anyone fancy making me a copy (I'll do you something in return..) or better still anyone know where  can get a copy? and if not..is it on soulseek?

thanks, g smile

i had copies of this demo in distro until last monday...

(A) : (L) : (D)

re: sending cash in the mail -

1) try to use a heavier brown envelope or one of those 'security' ones.
2) wrap the bills in newspaper/magazine pages/coloured paper
3) try to disguise the fact that there's cash in there
4) once you've done the whole origami thing, hold it up to the light to see if it looks like there's cash in there.
5) never ever send coins unless you're a complete ass.

alex.

someone's nicked yer money  wink

hah, well thankfully i paid via paypal so that's not the case.

I just sent 35 Euros to Italy today and I used registered mail. It cost me over 3 quid, but it's insured up to 30 quid if the money gets stolen, which is a good thing.

as far as i know, cash is not covered by the insurance that registered mail offers.

it isn't. you're not 'allowed' to send cash in an enveloppe and so i doubt you can be assured for it smile

just follow Alex's tips. so basically use some common sense.

When I was little I used to get birthday cards which had pound coins embedded in little coin-shaped compartments made of clear plastic. Do they not exist anymore? I liked them, they had money in.

i remember those little pound coin pouches, they were awesome.

Yeah just disguise your money well, rather than give up a good zine i generally fold the money up really small and selotape it in to a couple of pieces if paper.

Another tip which some people have been kind enough to follow is to ask for another address.  Envelopes coming from uk addressed to "JIMS RECORD LABEL" or PO Boxes tend to get nicked to as some of the posties know money is probably in them.

Back on topic i have a Burned out Bright unreleased cd from Oneohfive.  I dont know if the tracks will eventually appear been as they have now split up but its amazing anyway, much better than the split.

Tone

"I believe that it is possible for a person to be able to do what they want, aim for what they want, without the fear of what those around them might say....whatever you might choose to do in your life, make sure you make that choice yourself"

Dammit! Never mind smile

rather than give up a good zine

hence it's handy to make your own  wink

ooosh!

The Friends Forever site is down damnit!

"Before I give my own review of this book I just want to say that I am a huge harry potter fan, to the extent that I actually have a deathly hallows tattoo on my bottom. I'm also quite ill right now, but I fought against my horrid cold to read this book. "

it is temporarily at http://xfriendsforeverx.tripod.com

y a la qualité, pis y a la perfection

new song on the microwave comp is teh awesome. joe wishes he could be 1/4 as emo as these dudes.

hint: 11.45pm. distro update due.

(via surface mail, woo!)

well done!

the split with toru okada is about ready to go (ABOUT TIME TOO!), getting 15 copies i hope.

Go resurrect some more threads!

Other then like two songs I find them really mediocre, but maybe I haven't given them a fair shot.  Just in case I ordered the Acoustic CDr, and I'll give them another shot.

There is so much that I long for
But I know nothing is free

Go resurrect some more threads!

that's how we do it here kunal, if making a post about a band that has already been discussed, i like to add the comment on to the bottom of that thread smile

I got the Acoustic CD-R and it's really pretty and lovely n stuff. Came with some nice patches and a friendly letter from the Friends Forever kids (friendly by name and by nature it seems)

"Before I give my own review of this book I just want to say that I am a huge harry potter fan, to the extent that I actually have a deathly hallows tattoo on my bottom. I'm also quite ill right now, but I fought against my horrid cold to read this book. "

yes, the demo is on soulseek.

i got that off Direct Connect, its a pretty fantastic demo