Re: how much would it cost to put out a 10"

They'll speak perfect English I am sure. If not and you need something translated, give me a shout., i am always willing to help.

Not sure how much of a bonus it'd be if you're English based, as you'll have to pay taxes&postage on top, but they're quality and we never had any issues with them.

(A) : (L) : (D)

thanks ralf smile

it makes a lot of difference with or without tax and shipping, so this might end up cheaper and indeed easier, i'll be seeing the guys from the band tonight, they had some contacts to ofcourse (probably GZ)

sad they only do black vinyl :cry:

colored vinyl is crap anyway! Besides it being a pointless waste of money most of the time, it also is of far inferior quality. It scratches a lot quicker. If you want something with more chance of standing the test of time, go for oldschool black and let the music do the talking!

(A) : (L) : (D)

i know you're right ralf, the quality is always less

but it looks so nice, and i'm such a big dork! and so are they!

the guys from the band aren't still sure about using GZ because they really are the worst factory when it comes to the polution hmm

cheapset place by far is www.sfhuk.net £300 for 100 black 10" excluding vat and delivery which takes it up to about £400 adding them on.
200 10" with coloured vinyl from them is £540 excluding Vat and delivery.

has anyone used these guys though?  I've not many anyone who has yet, and I'd liked to know what the outcome is like..

I used SFH for the ATM/RSP 7" and they fucked it hard. But then

they fixed it at no cost to me pretty quickly. Good.

Joe you got the sack?!  yikes .. Man that's harsh, you'll end up like me .. Hahaha.  wink

I'd love to do a 10", we were looking at it too. Just gonna get the 7" done first.

i can't find the calculator at gzcd's site - help!

phil wrote:

cheapset place by far is www.sfhuk.net £300 for 100 black 10" excluding vat and delivery which takes it up to about £400 adding them on.
200 10" with coloured vinyl from them is £540 excluding Vat and delivery.

has anyone used these guys though?  I've not many anyone who has yet, and I'd liked to know what the outcome is like..

I know this is an ancient thread, but just to say that I used these guys for a 7" I did late last year and everything was perfect. Well, whoever they got to do the delivery messed up loads of times and I ended up spending a week in the flat for no reason, but the actual records came out really well and I reckon I'll probably use them again if the need arises.

Yeah, our experience of using them has been similar - they forgot to send us our test presses which added a couple of weeks onto the whole process and meant we didn't have the release ready on schedule (and didn't seem bothered about their cock-up much, either), but otherwise they give good results for vinyl or CD, though they're not the cheapest by any means.

On the sleeve front they also didn't point out to us that the artwork we'd sent wasn't high enough resolution for print (admittedly my bandmate's fault) so when we got them back there's some anti-aliasing on the cover that shouldn't be there. If they're sending you test presses, it'd make sense to send you a print proof at the same time to prevent problems like this.

Did a 10 inch via gz recently - probably just as a cheap/expensive to go and do a full 12 lp!!

sfh uk are good, but get your own courier to pick the records up - you save 100£ that way!
Great quality, but as i said in the other label, a bit of an issue with labels - would get a test press in future and make sure you send them stuff at least a month in advance if you are on a schedule!

A Slap in The Face Of Public Taste - Rimbaud Records & Distro - www.Rimbaudrecords.com

Their courier managed to fuck up three or four times when they were delivering stuff to me, resulting in many a lost day, so I refused to pay them for delivery. To their credit they didn't object too much.

This may be a daft question, with all these pressing companies, how much VAT are we looking at exactly?

vat is 17.5% i believe.

cheers pal, making sure.