Topic: how does deep elm manage to get worse?

this is the latest tripe they are foisting upon us:

http://www.myspace.com/desotojones

total myspacemo.

Re: how does deep elm manage to get worse?

i listened to the first minute of 'giant magnets' and it sounds like late 90's US college rock that'd get played on Dawson's Creek.

what a bunch of cock. simply terrible.

'Balls to it'

tobycj wrote:

i listened to the first minute of 'giant magnets' and it sounds like late 90's US college rock that'd get played on Dawson's Creek.

pop unknown and brandston have both been played on dawsons creek,

i meant to add, pop unknown were great!

great for one cdep. don't even try to use great in the same sentence as branston pickle.

i still enjoy pop unknown

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first time
I never think about the last

roberto wrote:
tobycj wrote:

pop unknown and brandston have both been played on dawsons creek,

ok, BAD late 90's US college rock that'd get played on Dawson's Creek tongue

To my knowledge, this label never put out anything but crap, and was aiming for corporate-rock-emo ("corporaterockmo?") from the start.

themean wrote:

To my knowledge, this label never put out anything but crap, and was aiming for corporate-rock-emo ("corporaterockmo?") from the start.

the first two appleseed cast albums are great!

themean wrote:

meh, some of it is shit hot

"I believe that it is possible for a person to be able to do what they want, aim for what they want, without the fear of what those around them might say....whatever you might choose to do in your life, make sure you make that choice yourself"

with the amount of crap they released, they were bound to have one or two good things slip through the cracks.

themean wrote:

I seem to remember reading an interview with the label guy who said he'd set the whole endeavour up as a piece of business studies coursework. Figures.

14 (edited by eze 03-11-2007 16:11:33)

i'd imagine that this destroys what little credibility i had left when it comes to recommending stuff... but i like it. i should probably kill myself now.

i bought a deep elm sampler recently, cos it was only 200 and it was utter, utter shit apart from the incongruous inclusion of an old appleseed cast tune - the label may get a load of stick, but i really like a lot of the early releases

(edit, i must stress that that doesn't include brandston - i may like some drivel, but i do have some modicum of decency)

But the riff that was made from the base was the heavy, slowly, darkness, and bad feelings.

It's THIS thread again.

cer wrote:

It's THIS thread again.

And this is probably about the point I start talking all excitedly about Desert City Soundtrack, mumbling quietly about Cross My Heart so Andy can't hear ('grungemo'), and mentioning that some early PMFS and Appleseed Cast releases were pretty good.  I think I'm pretty luckily actually in never having heard much of the worst output.

We're going to party, karamu, fiesta, forever.

List/Listless: http://listless1.bandcamp.com

cer wrote:

It's THIS thread again.

please let me have my fun.

First half of Emo diaries had some alright tunes on it. I heard they're bringing out a new one. They can fuck off.

That Free Diamonds band are fucking diabolical.

DIY minded recording in Leeds: www.suburbanhome.co.uk

Andy Malcolm wrote:
cer wrote:

It's THIS thread again.

please let me have my fun.

Sorry, Andy. I just started a post professing my love for certain bands on there and realised I must have done it a bunch of times before. Obviously not too great on the whole. Latterman and Small Arms Dealer records are the only things of late saving it from complete desolation, but what a few records.

mattj wrote:

That Free Diamonds band are fucking diabolical.

If I get asked to put this band on one more time I'm gonna stab someone..

picket fence cartel stole my best china
Flickrfffun

Pauly_j wrote:

First half of Emo diaries had some alright tunes on it. I heard they're bringing out a new one. They can fuck off.

Yea, probably the first three. But when I listen to those CDs, and people are around, I don't let them see the titles, because then I hear a bunch of dumb shit.

with this page andy:

http://www.deepelm.com/illegal.html

i must have had a dream about you... cause i woke up in the worst of moods

napster didn't cause deep elm's sales to drop by 50%, shit music did.

Pauly_j wrote:

i bought this and it's really really shit and doesn't even come in a proper jewel case, but just a little paper slipcase thing

right, right now! right?