Topic: homage to catalonia

http://www.statusinc.com/recordings/images/photos/htc05.jpg

Hi all,

Kadd, better known under his alias HOMAGE TO CATALONIA, will be touring in the UK from the 2nd till the 11th of January. He played a couple of gigs here last year and it apparently had an ex-Minute Manifesto member exclaim that it was the most punk thing he'd seen in ages wink
Musically it brings to mind Phil Ochs & other 'one man + guitar singers'. Lyrically it's political from a radical/anarchist/left-wing point of view.

…but better check it out for yourself actually (there're mp3's there as well!) :

http://www.homagetocatalonia.net/

Send me an e-mail if you'd be interested in helping out with this!

cheers

Ralf

(A) : (L) : (D)

Re: homage to catalonia

i just pm'd you

you always stole all my last words

thanks sara. For you & everyone else. My e-mail address is: r_vergeldt AT hotmail DOT com.

Please contact me there so i have a return address?! thanks!

ill do glasgow cock face   :twisted:

All the crunked blood transfusions have helped me develop into the GREATEST POSTER EVER.

i prefere the term twatface - i dunno why

anyway should i try and blag some friends into helping me put ggis on and forma collective rather than doing everything myself - collectives are well better. 1st step - make some friends...

anyway i'm talking shit - so do you want me to email you

if you're nicer than Steve - yes please wink Just so i have all the mail addresses together of people who want to do a gig. makes my life a lot easier

christian-> anarchist + one man+guitar = for you. You're doing a London gig! Period! Other people mail me too. now!

ralf you should get in touch with tim for a london show - seeing as his main band now is his acoustic thing he might be able to help you out with something, if not himself then he may at least know london people who do more acoustic shows!

[email protected]

WAK012: Titan - Pilzmarmelade LP out now
www.wakusei.co.uk

I prefer this sort of thing when it's in a more mixed bill, rather than a whole acoustic night. Actually that would be nice too, but yeah, mixed bills are good!

i was thinking about how a mixed bill would be nicer too. Especially as he seems to have stuff to say. Would be cool if some politics could find their way back to punkgigs over here again...

but thanks for the tip Simon! If you+christian are not interested, i'll get in touch with Tim.

Ralf

p.s. i presume we're not seeing you in Brighton tonight for the Plague of Zoltan, Trencher + corpoarte marketing ploy - gig?

meeting some spanish friends for a drink tonight + week before payday=no money!

im gonna come down for the day to see knifed though!

what date will the london homage show be? and i assume he has an electro-acoustic guitar because a normal acoustic will sound pretty bad [i.e. barely audible] through a normal PA - as was the problem for rameses III on saturday!

we can always sort something for you ralf!

www.wakusei.co.uk

When he played Norwich he just used acoustic and sang without a mic. You could barely hear him without pressing your ear onto his face.

and when you did that jop, no one else could hear him, and he got quite irate.

i must say i found his between song banter a bit intimidating.

simon - i'm feeling the love!  tongue

andy: what was intimidating about it? I am only going on the lyrics & the mails?

everyone: would it not be possible to place a microphone in front of the soundcase/hole (what the fuck is the english word for that part of the guitar??) and one in front of his mouth?

he was super intense, and he was talking about people who knew who were raped. it was very heartattack.i'm just not used to people at shows being that open i guess.

thats what rameses did - still VERY quiet [only the people directly in front could hear him] and feeds back due to the close proximity of the mike to the guitar. same also happened at that frankie stubbs show at the verge.

honestly it really doesnt work very well without an electro-acoustic. especially if you have some people at the back of the room not watching and chatting which always happens!

maybe you could find someone with one that he could use for the tour?

www.wakusei.co.uk

"very heartattack"

andy is very i defy   wink

All the crunked blood transfusions have helped me develop into the GREATEST POSTER EVER.

you are very flipside.

simon: thanks for the thoughts + tips!

andy: what am i?

kerrang.

big_smile . I am pretty sure I am one of the few people on here who can honestly say they never ever read that magazine....but thanks everyone else for showing interest in 'me'. wink

I love Kadd and his music. I really need to get the new EP sometime and I should be getting the tour cd in the mail sometime soon big_smile

I could never sing a song I didn't feel.