Topic: Celebrities you've seen in the flesh - where and when

Here's mine, if I've missed any out I'll add them later. Rules are that you have to have been at least 3 meters away from them, or in the same room (as long as it isn't massive). Saying you saw Gene Simmons onstage during Kiss' set at Download festival last week doesn't count, for instance. Also if we include people in punk here, really consider what you mean by a celebrity. I wouldn't say that someone like Ian MacKaye would count, but Henry Rollins you could get away with (he was in Bad Boys 2 and had his own TV Show, etc).

Dave Grohl - In a tiny toilet, mid piss, 2003. Spoke to him briefly, seemed like a nice bloke.

Anthony Worrel Thompson - At the TASTE festival in Regents Park, yesterday. He was hammered, and looked and sounded like a sunburnt Gremlin.

Aldo Zilli - Same as above, minus the bit about the gremlin.

Ron and Russel Mael - At the filming of the Culture Show the other week. Took a photo of them with my friends.

Lauren Laverne - Same place.

Vincent Gallo - No Fun Fest 2004 and then at ATP a couple of weeks later. Looked very suave at NFF, and then a complete tramp at ATP.

Les Dennis and Amanda Holden - Soho, 2003, looking very awkward with one another.

The singer from the Manic Street Preachers - The folk section of HMV a few years ago. Fat.

Richard Bacon - Stealth in Nottingham. Trying to chat up a girl.

Miquita Oliver - Came and stood right next to me in quite an open space whilst Commanechi played at that Vice festival in Norfolk last year.

Shane McGowan - Passed out at 5pm on a sofa, in the pub he lives above in Highgate.

What are yours?

Re: Celebrities you've seen in the flesh - where and when

Luke - Lucy thinks she saw Hulk Hogan at leeds train station.  I don't believe her. Do you?

i saw darius on tuesday

SASSMONGER?!?!??!!!

Campbell wrote:

Luke - Lucy thinks she saw Hulk Hogan at leeds train station.  I don't believe her. Do you?

Must have been some good acid!

5 (edited by James. 20-06-2008 16:09:38)

i see miquita oliver, peaches geldoff, alexa chung etc every now and then at parties / in clubs etc.

saw matthew le tissier at the oval the other night before the surrey/hamphire twenty20 match.

met john peel at atp in 2004 (the same day i first met luke, actually).

saw justin lee collins running around hmv in oxford street shouting a couple of years ago. i think he was filming a programme about tracking down people that had once had big christmas hits.

met duncan goodhew when i was a kid. he talked at some conference my dad went to, happened to be staying near us at the time, and my dad gave him a lift home (via our house).

evry since i can remember i've been poppin' my collar,
poppin', poppin' my collar, poppin', poppin' my collar.

Ian Lee took the piss out of the Magma CD I was playing in Was once - cunt.

Met John Peel at work.

Drummer from Ash bought Reign In Blood from me.

Met Vic Reeves on the beach outside my house, was such a nice chap.

Had a meal with Bill Oddie.

took pills with the guy from Peep Show (the guy that had the lodge by the lake).

Met the girl from Heartbeat in the Social and she gave me a kiss!

Went on stage with Ken Dodd.

Veruca Salt from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory is my Auntie in Law (although now she has split with her husband - but I met her millions of times).

Walked past Mark Lamar and we both looked into each others eyes and he smiled at me.

Walked past Pete Doherty once, he looked me up and down.

Walked past Gok Wan - thought he was a girl.

Had a meal next to Rosie McDowell.

Met Bob Geldof when I was younger but don't remember much about it.

I interviewed Micheal Palin for a TV show which was never aired.

i met davey havok (from afi) back when i was incredibly cool.

me and brooke walked past delia smith in london on wednesday, i didn't see her, i lose.

James. wrote:

met john peel at atp in 2004 (the same day i first met luke, actually).

I forgot that I met Peelie at the Royal Festival Hall about 10 years ago when he did his Meltdown fest. He signed my Jesus and Mary Chain ticket and was very friendly.

chris thrash wrote:

Ian Lee took the piss out of the Magma CD I was playing in Was once - cunt.

Iain Lee was at the Sparks "Lil' Beethoven" gig last week.

Which reminds me:

TREV out of Trev & Simon - Sparks, "Hello Young Lovers", Islington Academy last week. Stood infront of us during the gig and going absolutely fucking mental.

Gazza - Sainsbury's, Walthamstow, 2002. Signing copies of his book and looking a state.

I hate Iain Lee - was he from Mansfield or was that Richard Bacon?

I once walked past Simon Pegg near Fopp in central London - he didn't bat an eyelid.

Holly Valance wouldn't let me take her photo in Tower Records Picadilly once, but she did give me an autograph

David Bellamy - met him when our school went to a local park to plant trees after the 87 hurricane. then it turned out he used to go to the same high school as me. my year nine physics text book had his signature in it from when he had it for a year in the 60s.

chris-thrash wrote:

I hate Iain Lee - was he from Mansfield or was that Richard Bacon?

Richard Bacon is from Mansfield - Iain Lee is from down south.

They're all flooding back now: Matt Lucas - Old Street tube station, numerous occasions over the past 8 years.

sat next to Tracy Emin at a film at the tate once

my stepdad used t love above a sex shop where she worked

chris-thrash wrote:

Walked past Mark Lamar and we both looked into each others eyes and he smiled at me.

Love is a wonderful thing.

I saw Michael Parkinson outside the Ivy in London once.

I shouted "Oi! Parky!" and all I got was a derisive stare.

I'm not into that.

had my photo taken with Will Oldham and we were both gurning to high heaven

saw Leiah from big brother loads - shes got big knockers

I saw Amy Winehouse run down an aisle of the big Sainsburys in Camden, grab a bag of cat litter, and run off again. Clearly having some kind of cat arse emergency.

I sold 2 northern soul compilations to Noddy Holder when I used to work in a music shop in Bournemouth.

Saw Heath Ledger a few days before he died as he was filming outside our office with Terry Gilliam.

Gareth Gates was in front of me in Tescos the other week. He was buying sausages.

Chris, when did you have dinner with Bill Oddie?

chris-thrash wrote:

my stepdad used to LOVE above a sex shop where she worked

haha

I met Emily Watson once but only film nerds seem to know who she is, so fuck it

Thrash, you are equally as famous as most of the people you've seen.

And Richard Bacon still does coke 'apparently'

Edgecrusher2k8 wrote:

Chris, when did you have dinner with Bill Oddie?

When I was wee! At a relatives house, I remember meeting the guy from Casualty too (the guy that ended up being in Robin Hood).

Bill Oddie kept making suggestive remarks about birds doing it

I met Shane Embry from Napalm Death in the toilets at Rock City  and we talked about Nasum