Re: Celebrities you've seen in the flesh - where and when

when i had long blonde hair i once got mistaken for dave mustaine from megadeth.

more recently i've been mistaken for julian barratt (howard moon from the mighty boosh) on more than one occasion.

Bez wrote:

Emily Watson is hot. I haven't posted in months but I needed to get that off my chest.

Have you seen Breaking the Waves? The thought of Emily Watson nude makes me want to cry.

using gay to describe some novelty christmas cards is just so fucking ignorant

53 (edited by mikeplanes 20-06-2008 17:09:39)

Lt_Nick wrote:
Bez wrote:

Emily Watson is hot. I haven't posted in months but I needed to get that off my chest.

Have you seen Breaking the Waves? The thought of Emily Watson nude makes me want to cry.

that's a Really unsettling film.  least arousing screen nudity ever.

I haven't seen this. Cry tears of joy or please no, God no cry?

Bez wrote:

I haven't seen this. Cry tears of joy or please no, God no cry?

the latter, and you're closer to the mark than you realise with the "god" bit.

chris-thrash wrote:
Kunal wrote:

Someone thought I was LTJ Bukem

what...aren't you?

my friend emil said at Bristol someone went up to him at a Burning Star Core gig saying 'good set'!

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Ok I just read about it on Wiki... I think I will give it a miss.

I saw Melvyn Bragg on the pavement near Westminster.

I used to know Tina O'Brien from out and about in Manchester.

Steve Lamacq bought me a drink at candybox once.

That little guy with the big hair from Lock, Stock used to always be out in London also.

Miquita Oliver used to go to Panic all the time.

The guitarist from The Deftones went to rockworld after they played the Apollo once and I was there but we're stretching the definition of celebrity somewhat.

My sister used to be best friends with the old Man U player Paul Parker's daugter and i went to his house to pick her up.

Badly Drawn Boy was always around Piccadilly Gardens looking like a homeless.

I met Ryan Giggs and that pretty one with the wavy blond hair that used to be on Coronation Street at the town hall in Manchester.

59 (edited by AlexN 20-06-2008 17:23:07)

I watched a Sweden game from Euro 2004 with someone from Razorlight stood next to me at a pub in Hoxton.

Brian Eno used to visit Goldsmiths all the time and I saw him in the distance once.

Alan Bennett's sat on the table next to me in a cafe.

Charlie from Busted used to drink in the pub next to my house when I lived in Holloway. He's MASSIVE.

60 (edited by jebb 20-06-2008 17:25:50)

i was eating at my favourite restaurant in blackheath the other night when david gest walked by looking a bit worse for wear to say the least!

danny baker most days as he lives opposite me

lawrence llewelyn-bowen a lot as he used to live a few houses up from me

i nearly confused brian blessed for a tramp when out christmas shopping on oxford a few years ago

bryan hughes (hull city footballer) in bluewater last year - quite pleased with that one! he was playing for charlton at the time

eric melvin of nofx outside his house in LA - i have photos too! he was taking the rubbish out

hugh laurie on tottenham court rd 8 or 9 years ago

phil jupitus, also on tottenham court rd, a few days later

abby titmus, dont remember where this was actually

chantelle as in celebrity big brother winner in covent garden

jerry sadowitz in cheapo cheapo records

mark lamarr looking in the window of cheapo cheapo records

will self riding a bike on old compton street

casey chaos in selectadisc, berwick st buying some boards of canada cds

christopher lee in my office a few weeks ago. i work with his daughter. if you ask me nicely the next time i see you i will show you the photo on my mobile

john hurt looking a bit lost in broadwick street soho a couple of years ago

elijah wood up in the skytower in auckland, new zealand. he was filming lord of the rings at the time

elijah wood in real groovie records, auckland a few days later buying kid a and a few other bits

freddie kanoute buying some halal meat in a butchers on old kent road a few years ago. liam from trencher will vouch for this!

rob zombie on a flight to london from houston, texas sometime when i was in my early teens

cathy burke at london film festival 1999 in the odeon leicester square for the screening of jesus' son. i was sat in her seat! very embarassing!

nathalie imbruglia coming out the cinema after the above screening

I forget his name but the black dude on Eastenders who worked on the market but never really said much once told one of my friends (who had green hair at the time) that if he spunked in her hair it would go blue - no shit.

my brother met dean gaffney (or whatever) that night too

sid owen owns the flat im moving to in london

anymore Eastenders  ones?

chris-thrash wrote:

That little blond one who used to be married to Phil Mitchell used to be a member of Blockbuster Video in North London and I often saw her in there.

Another one:

I regularly used to see that guy from Teachers in the 24 hour shop near my house at silly o'clock in the morning.

chris-thrash wrote:

I hope not judging by the ones you wrote!

Justin Lee Collins roams Bristol a lot, the insufferable prick

chris-thrash wrote:

I forget his name but the black dude on Eastenders who worked on the market but never really said much once told one of my friends (who had green hair at the time) that if he spunked in her hair it would go blue - no shit.

Winston? Sounds like he should talk more often.

Edgecrusher2k8 wrote:
chris-thrash wrote:

Winston? Sounds like he should talk more often.

Thats him! I was shocked, can you imagine that filth coming from him?

chris-thrash wrote:

i saw billy mitchell in a pub watching west ham lose at football.

i am lou barlow.

kiefer sutherland outside the cro-bar in london, may 2006 i think smile aaah he was so orange like he had been tangoed.

Beat Kris Akabusi at tennis, beat corpral nyokas from bad lads army at the bleep test, met the guy from dead ringers on a train, got told to fuck off by O.B. in Leeds.

best i can come up with off hand is being in tempest records when someone out of murderdolls came in and immediatly demanded to see any alkaline trio rarities, and me and axon might have been on a bus with claire short in vauxhall last year, and since someone mentioned shane embury i've seen him at a few gigs in brum over the years, and he often seems to be hanging around new street station waiting to get on trains i am getting off

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first time
I never think about the last

The singer from Sum 41 was behind me in the queue for a hot dog vendor in Central Park, earlier this month.

I've shaken Tim Vincents hand. Hah.

Wheres Holehouse? He's met and had a chat with everyone!

I've only met-

Princess Diana when she opened the shopping centre in Lincoln, me and my brother clammed up and she said something witty like "they never perform on time do they?" to my mum, haha!

Alan Shearer in Lincoln.

Wolf from Gladiators at Newark train station.

Lesley Joseph from Birds of a Feather outside Somerfield in Sheffield

The ginger mental dad from Coronation Street and later star of Where The Heart Is outside the Crucible in Sheffield.

Jimmy White eats at the bar my girlfriend works at when he comes to Sheffield.

I met Steve Lamaq and was a bit star struck and hammered so mumbled something about being on Rock The Quote when I was younger.

Pauly_j wrote:

Beat Kris Akabusi at tennis

i feel like this is a story which really needs expanding on!

The queen came to my school when she visit Nuneaton in 1994. Asked why the teachers had made us stand in a puddle?!

Saw John Cleese at Reading station summer 2003, getting the same train which was ridiculously delayed in the middle of some heatwave, most people waiting were really fed up, kept thinking he was going to get pissed off and break into some Fawlty type character!

"Once upon a time there was a woodrat named poot."

xdamienx wrote:

and me and axon might have been on a bus with claire short in vauxhall last year,

was definately clair short.

can only think of these at the minute is:

chris evans and his mate with the glasses sat behind me at the euro 96 semi final against germany.  i cried, he didnt.

we played with this is menace( sorry!) last year, they have loads of members. jeff walker sings for them. talked to him for about thirty seconds until our drunken bassist nicked his brie and told him he should quit cause nothing he never will do will be as good as carcass.