Topic: aloha

are they still around? :?

Re: aloha

vibraphone n. (ca. 1926): a percussion instrument resembling the xylophone but having metal bars and motor-driven resonators for sustaining the tone and producing a vibrato. Also - vibraharp.
8)

the vibraphone makes me  :x

"As a footnote, please - sign my petition at http://www.anti-vibraphone.com - we must destroy this infernal machine! Or face the inevitable horrific consequences" Andy Malcolm, June 1st 2000
wink

ooh! at least someones reading my nonsense, most people here don't even realise we do reviews.  wink

don't tortoise use vibraphones? and the modern jazz quartet? its better than a guitar.

Yeah I think Aloha are still around, I haven't heard that they've split or anything... I hope they haven't, it'd be amazing to see them sometime...

big_smile  big_smile Sugar is one of the best albums EVER!  big_smile  big_smile

andy: fred thomas released the first aloha 7"...  roll

jop:sugar is super guay! tongue

even geniuses make mistakes.

even geniuses make mistakes.

grrrrrrrr! :x

guay?

cool wink

hello/greetings in hawaiian?  big_smile

---

vibraphones rule.
should see how tortoise mess around with them.
makes me feel all fuzzy!

xox

overinformed and underachieved.
http://gryswtr.tumblr.com

Haha.. why did the G word meaning homosexual change to 'nice'?  big_smile

people were using it in a negative fashion, so i set the board up to auto-convert it to nice.

tortoise is rockage.

Way to make my post make no sense!  big_smile

Good move though.

hey jop! here you have some new news:

After much deliberation, we have decided to play the CMJ fest in NYC this year. Rejoice. We will be a part of the polyvinyl show at the Knitting Factory on thursday the 23rd. It is a huge show, with all stages going with great bands. We will hit the main stage at eleven. You will show up early to make sure you can get in.

In addition, we are recording that weekend as well. Rejoice again. We will hit Inner Ear for a couple days, where TJ works. The results ought to see release, in the form of a seven inch, before the end of the year. We are all excited. The remaining songs from this session will be added to the pile of tape we are collecting for a full length. And that's the news.

whoaa!

Cool, thanks for that Vic! Good news indeed... should be gay.

I once saw a Foo Fighters video on MTV at my mum's house and the drummer was wearing an Aloha shirt... I think it was a surf type thing though. I might search the charity shops, I'm sure I can find me a sweet Aloha shirt for £2.99...

"I'm sure I can find me a sweet Aloha shirt for £2.99..."
8O...you better check the polyvinyl store! lol