Re: tv shows

mirieth- wrote:

5 i believe, i'm currently on 3. THANKS FOR THE SPOILER.

Serves you right for being about TEN YEARS BEHIND THE FUCKING TIMES.

i was 10 when it came out! I AM A VICTIM OF MY OWN YOUTH.

By the way, just in case:
DARTH VADER IS LUKE SKYWALKERS FATHER!

Kingmob wrote:

You can pick up the complete Prisoner for quite cheap these days. Classic.

Just came in here to post that, great minds and so on. I could expand by saying that The Prisoner is right up there with The Wire in terms of quality, an absolute televisual triumph. Your intelligence is never insulted, and the incredibly clever manipulation of various TV conventions and structures takes things way out into the left-field without ever being 'difficult'. Barring its genius and some of its philosophical conclusions, though, it is about as far from The Wire as you could imagine.

I've been watching Mad Men, same writers as The Sopranos, it's ok thus far...
The women are hot too!

I'd definitely recommend the BBC's The State of Play. It was only 6 episodes but probably the best TV drama i've seen out of this country.

twin peaks, our friends in the north, curb your enthusiasm, the sopranos...

"Let's stop clapping, let's start doing..."

http://www.myspace.com/epidemeband

haven't seen it in years, but Northern Exposure was great

backed:
-weeds
-gossip girl
-six feet under

others:
- pushing daisies (can't wait for season 2!)
- secret life of us (season 1 only)
- carnivale
- big love
- jpod

xox

overinformed and underachieved.
http://gryswtr.tumblr.com

The Shield is a fantastic programme. Real high octave! This coming season is the last one & I can't wait for it.
Oz is great, too. Pretty ridiculous at times, but fun nonetheless.
Mad Men was pretty intruiging, if a wee bit slow at times. And I agree about the hot women comment. Well, Elizabeth Hendricks who plays the bitchy secretary is sex-on-legs, anyway. What a body!

i remember enjoying traveler, a HBO mini series.

37 (edited by AlexN 25-03-2009 13:59:54)

I've recently finished The Shield. Great series, got better and better with a brilliant ending, although I don't think 'stop snitching' has reached LA yet because everybody seemed a few harsh words away from giving everything up. Barksdale would've puked. I liked the fact that everything was at jeopardy all the time.

On the third series of Homicide: Life on the Streets. Really brilliant so far, like an existential ode to divorce and smoking. Great cast also, Pembleton's my favourite.

What else is good? Has anyone watched Dollhouse? I hear it's ok with a great sixth episode.

Carnivale was enjoyable.

Is Deadwood as good as it's made out to be? Everybody just seems to go on about how much Ian McShane says cock and shit.

deadwood is very good.

39 (edited by regress no way 25-03-2009 14:20:00)

Yeah I've been watching Dollhouse, it was a bit of a disappointing slow start if you're a fan of Joss Whedon's other shows. To begin with it felt a bit like your kind of crime thriller type programme where theres not loads of character development but each week theres a new mission to accomplish or mystery to solve kind of thing with the beginnings of overiding season arcs beginning to appear  (of course made easier by the presence of Eliza Dushku being generally cool).

But then WOAH THERE ITS EPISODE 6 and it turns out to be something else entirely. It was a very good episode of television and I just hope it keeps going on in the same vein. It kind of changes the rules of the game you thought you had got into and you feel like a fool for doubting Whedon's genius and that anything he creates could be so average. Also Tahmoh Penikett gets his shirt off quite a bit if thats your kind of thing.

ETA. Watch it dude.

adamski wrote:

Mad Men was pretty intruiging, if a wee bit slow at times. And I agree about the hot women comment. Well, Elizabeth Hendricks who plays the bitchy secretary is sex-on-legs, anyway. What a body!

Mad Men is fuckin ace, its such a slow burn compared to the amount of shows that are crammed full of action that it makes a nice change of pace and occasionally you get bits like the scenes in Korea...

ooh also i watched the last few epsiodes of skins on channel 4 on demand and really enjoyed them. especially the lesbian parts, which actually was main reason for watching in the first place

deadwood is good, but so far the story hasn't gripped me in the same way as the wire or carnivalle... about seven or eight episodes in, may yet pick up.

still struggling to fill the void left by the wire but i recently enjoyed 'breaking bad' on fx

missed that, hope it gets a repeat before the second series.

rogue traders.

I'm into pretty much everything that has been mentioned so far.
And I can't believe that no one has reccomended TRUE BLOOD yet!
I have been waiting for DOLLHOUSE to reveal itself. I need to see that episode 6!!!
my nerdy self has also been following FRINGE wich is part x-files part ...something else. it's OK so far.
I also like SUPERNATURAL. very much.

the apprentice starts tonight.

sanctuary.
inbetweeners.
skins.
apprentice.
lark rise to candleford.

smile

tiltingatwindmills wrote:

lark rise to candleford.

smile

Yay! at least one other young person who likes this. i'm a fan of a town called eureka, though i havent watched series 3 yet.

inbetweeners and skins are awwwwwful. homicide looks sweet.