51 (edited by matt 25-03-2009 18:10:27)

Re: tv shows

East Bound & Down is a new HBO comedy which is pretty great. Danny McBride plays a washed baseball star turned teacher. Basically it is one joke (what an utter cock he is) but it is pretty funny.

Rewatched The Thick Of It in preparation for In The Loop and i think "you just took a shit with your clothes on" is going to enter my every day conversation. Such a great, great show. -

Just started watching The Edge of Darkness and it's shaping up very nicely.

Breaking Bad is great - the guy from Malcom in the Middle is excellent in it.

Edit - I say great too much.

eastbound and down is surprisingly good actually, yeah.

matt wrote:

Rewatched The Thick Of It in preparation for In The Loop and i think "you just took a shit with your clothes on" is going to enter my every day conversation. Such a great, great show. -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Iz7-8W9Ro

Pseudo Colonial Pineapple Tour, 2011

I hear that Treme is in post-production. I'm very excited about it.

I've heard good things about Breaking Bad, I think i'll try it.

matt wrote:

What the fuck, I'd never even heard of The Thick Of It before now, just pissed my lols at some Youtube clips, anywhere good for watching it online?

Kingmob wrote:

You can pick up the complete Prisoner for quite cheap these days. Classic.

Seconded. At the end of the day though, everybody needs to get the fuck on Twin Peaks. Gold.

Retention colours are the only true colours.

looking forward to check out East Bound & Down. McBride was pretty good in the Fist Foot Way
also people need to watch SONS OF ANARCHY from the same dude that made The Shield. Season 1 has some real great moments.

Eastbound and Down is everything that Foot Fist Way should've been. The Will Ferrell/Ric Flair character is amazing, and the Jonas Brother line on ep6 is pure gold.

for anyone that missed the wire, it starts on bbc2 this coming monday.

eastbound and down is so much better than i expected it to be, there's a line on the first episode that made me have to pause it so i could stop laughing.

kenny: "i just saw two boys... raping a 6 year old"
everyone: D:
kenny: "nah i'm just kidding"

Pags wrote:

eastbound and down is so much better than i expected it to be, there's a line on the first episode that made me have to pause it so i could stop laughing.

i'm guessing you had to be there

Haha yeah, was gonna say the same...
The line about someone fingering someones girlfriend with their penis was definitely pause-worthy.

regress no way wrote:
Pags wrote:

i'm guessing you had to be there

probably, it was more about the face everyone made when he said it. can't really be expressed with D:

just finished season 2 of the sopranos, about to start season 3. siked!

am currently watching the first episode of breaking bad. the small angry guy, tuco, sounds a lot like henry rollins. bryan cranston is awesome.

did anyone watch the series about communism on bbc2? i think tonights/last nights episode about romania was probably the most chilling. the footage at the end of the trial...jeez.

i saw the east germany one, it was rather good.

i seldom watch TV, but when i had a fully functioning sound card i tended to watch 30 rock & arrested development to pass tine.

in-betweeners is good, so is the shield. downloaded breaking bad, tempted by mad men.

true blood is god awful. god awful.

You are totally wrong sir

moooon wrote:

did anyone watch the series about communism on bbc2? i think tonights/last nights episode about romania was probably the most chilling. the footage at the end of the trial...jeez.

i saw that.  it was pretty full-on.

henning wrote:

You are totally wrong sir

it is seriously cringeworthy once you get past the promise of the first half of the first episode or so (i ended up watching at least 7 episodes of the first series on that initial buzz..for shame)

oh and breaking bad is an excellent tv show, almost as enjoyable as the wire - only reason it isn't is that it doesn't have the ambitious scope the wire does in it's large cast etc but for what it does, it's genuinely fantastic

matt wrote:

East Bound & Down is a new HBO comedy which is pretty great. Danny McBride plays a washed baseball star turned teacher. Basically it is one joke (what an utter cock he is) but it is pretty funny.

Just started watching The Edge of Darkness and it's shaping up very nicely.

Breaking Bad is great - the guy from Malcom in the Middle is excellent in it.

Edit - I say great too much.

What's The Edge of Darkness? There's no sign of it on imdb

Enjoyed both series of Mad Men.

Going to start 30 Rock I think