Re: Spotify

everything by the magnetic fields is on spotify now. oh happy days!

I see they got hacked... http://thenextweb.com/2009/03/04/breaki … mber-read/

I didn't really mind the adverts until I started getting 5 minute long ones. It totally sucks, I hit mute and every time I check it's still jabbering on about some charity or something. Then I just leave it muted and forget about it

I've just installed this the other day - not bad, already been through loads of Bowie, early Ultravox, Chrome, John Cale, Pharoah Sanders, Sonic Youth and Sleep since I got it. Although I did notice something quite sneaky:

Jop wrote:

I didn't really mind the adverts until I started getting 5 minute long ones. It totally sucks, I hit mute and every time I check it's still jabbering on about some charity or something. Then I just leave it muted and forget about it

Jop the ads aren't 5 minutes long. When you mute it, it actually has something built into the program which stops the ad so you actually have to listen to it!! Hence why you thought it was a 5 minute long ad! Oh well, it's free...but it is irritating when an ad pops up halfway through "Jerusalem" by Sleep for instance.

thanks to spotify i can now listen to this all the time without spinning the 7"
http://open.spotify.com/track/67RgMSiUPxf08ecJmvlq6N

yeah I enjoy this programme when I get the chance, much more handy then going through Myspace pages and Last.fm, but does need a bit more obscure and experimental type stuff on there.

Happily enjoying Steve Reich and Alva Noto on there though :-D

Edgecrusher2k8 wrote:

Jop the ads aren't 5 minutes long. When you mute it, it actually has something built into the program which stops the ad so you actually have to listen to it!! Hence why you thought it was a 5 minute long ad!

HAHA! What a dolt. Shows how little I was listening to the bellend waffling on between two Wu Tang songs. And no it wasn't a Shaolin warrior.

why should people buy records if this service gets really good?
fuck spotify, seriously

Polyvinyl back catalogue added!

DIY minded recording in Leeds: www.suburbanhome.co.uk

henning wrote:

fuck spotify, seriously

The same reasons people buy records now? It's not like there isn't anything on there that hasn't been easily downloadable for a long time.

this is the most brilliant computer program ever. i'm currently listening to the van pelt; how smart is that.

Bullshit, I tried to listen to Katy Parry and it kept cutting off and they didn't have any of the Oasis songs I wanted.

UNINSTALLED.

haha. hope that was sarcasm.

does anyone have any invites for this? i wanted to show it to my friend but found out its invite only again.

No it's not.

DIY minded recording in Leeds: www.suburbanhome.co.uk

it's what it says for me:

Spotify is currently in an invite-only beta, which means you need to have an invitation token to access the service.

Invitation code:

Not invited?

Email:

https://www.spotify.com/en/get-started/

Does spotify work by giving the artists/labels money from advertising revenue every time their song is played?

ive still got the invite only message

tiltingatwindmills wrote:

ive still got the invite only message

can send you an invite dude.x

jo i love you x

this is shit.

fuck you all for making me look at it.

playlists anyone? i want to collect a gillions up to have as background music to my CRUNCH WEEK of essays (5 essays) this week plz. instead of having to make my own which takes forever not having a "roll on" list eg itunes etc.

I made this one for a football forum I post on. Ill have a go at a better one when i get home

http://open.spotify.com/user/markaxon/p … 8HqVhdEMnn
Tracklist:
Why?  - The Hollows
Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland, 1945
Nick Lowe - So It Goes
Cock Sparrer - England Belongs To Me
Peter Broderick - Another Glacier
Bob Dylan - Idiot Wind
Eddie Holland - Jamie
Peter Broderick - And It's Alright
Why? - These Few Presidents
Out Hud - Its for you
M83 - Kim & Jessie
Kid Dynamite - Heart A Tact
The Gaslight Anthem - High Lonesome
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over the Sea
Lucero - Nights Like These
The Thermals - No Culture Icons
Shed Seven - Chasing Rainbows

thom wrote:
henning wrote:

fuck spotify, seriously

The same reasons people buy records now? It's not like there isn't anything on there that hasn't been easily downloadable for a long time.

the difference is you don't even have to download it now. the effort is even less. no hassle storing or tracking down stuff. don't underestimate peoples need for convenience. ha ha

Its fucking awesome. Im currently digging some early Earth, Wind, and Fire, and for a program that lets me switch between that and Mastodon with a  few clicks, with virtually no pauses. Incredible.

It will not replace record buying, thats a ridiculous thing to say.