26 (edited by Edgecrusher2k8 08-05-2009 16:57:45)

Re: Funniest thing you've seen at a gig....

notoriousBOC wrote:

I remember turning up early to one of Jack's gigs at the swan once, drunk, and watching videos of girls shaking their arses on a projector in the back room. I thought I was in heaven

Loads of funny stuff happened with the locals at the Swan who would occasionally wander aimlessly into the gig room whilst some metalcore band would be playing.

Tim Holehouse's incredibly awkward two minute silence for some random pisshead's mate during a Soon the Darkness gig at the Goldsmith's tavern, and his "great cancer research" gaff at the Verge for the Shoes memorial.

Edgecrusher2k8 wrote:

and his "great cancer research" gaff at the Verge for the Shoes memorial.

completely forgot about that one. haha.

Be polite
In the pyramid you hate

mattybar wrote:

i put on Realfest.
Voorhees were originally supposed to play too.
i remember thinking to myself it was gonna be a strange day when i first arrived and asked the barmaid if there was any chance of a cup of tea and her telling me to fuck off.

some years later Realfest 2 at the Swan featured a load of undercover police infiltrating the show!

Did Stampin' Ground headline that Realfest? That was an odd day for sure...went on my own to that one and knew no-one there.

What was the deal with the police at the Swan?

A lot of these are flooding right back to me now: pretty much the entire What Happens Next / Boxed In / Birds of Prey gig at Junktion 7 in Notts, but especially Martin Robinson perfectly timing a jump off the monitor with a cymbal hit, and Michael Drake pissed out of his mind attempting to grab the mic from the singer at every given opportunity.

The massive skinhead in the union jack t shirt at the Whitehouse gig at the social, who appeared onstage out of nowhere and launched himself, Superman style, into the crowd.

Edgecrusher2k8 wrote:
notoriousBOC wrote:

I remember turning up early to one of Jack's gigs at the swan once, drunk, and watching videos of girls shaking their arses on a projector in the back room. I thought I was in heaven

Loads of funny stuff happened with the locals at the Swan who would occasionally wander aimlessly into the gig room whilst some metalcore band would be playing.

I remember a Kaospilot show there where the back room had been double booked, so the bands played on one side of the main bar room. It was a next level sight with all the screamo kids in tight shirts and white belts crammed on the one side watching the bands play with the locals on the other going about their regular business and occasionally wading obliviously through the crowd to use the cigarette machine or the toilets.

people throwing bananas at a some girls show at the underworld a few years back

Pseudo Colonial Pineapple Tour, 2011

Edgecrusher2k8 wrote:

A lot of these are flooding right back to me now: pretty much the entire What Happens Next / Boxed In / Birds of Prey gig at Junktion 7 in Notts, but especially Martin Robinson perfectly timing a jump off the monitor with a cymbal hit, and Michael Drake pissed out of his mind attempting to grab the mic from the singer at every given opportunity.

obviously i was there Luke, but I remember none of this! WHN? - top chaps though.

http://www.theprintproject.co.uk — letterpress printing

The Singer from Step On It slipping on Bannana Peel mid set and going down like something from a Buster Keaton film.

I once saw someone shove a glass coke bottle up Steve Watts' naked arse at an alldayer in Notts. Ouch! Earlier that day, me and Michael were having a ciggy on the steps of venue outside and two snotty straight edgers stormed inside saying "fucking smokers"...I was blown away!!

hellfist wrote:
Edgecrusher2k8 wrote:

obviously i was there Luke, but I remember none of this! WHN? - top chaps though.

Nick:I have this on video-totally hilarious!!!

Michael would continually gesture at the singer to have the mic and instead of doing vox, simply hold the mic and not say anything??!!

the best one though was

"OI OI SLAVOY (SIC) !!!!!!!!!!!"

When Birds of Prey played the Fenton once, this like 50 old guy at the bar was all  "whats all this shit upstairs?"

i turned round when we were playing and he had his shirt open breakdancing/ cossack dancing??!!!!

My fave is when we went to a show at Bunkers ages ago and there were some crust bands playing and whilst she was rocking out, a dreadlock went flying from the singers head.

yikes

This could only have been topped if it had flew out the window, directly into chippy across the road, into the fat and served as a battered sausage to some unsuspecting ice hockey fan.

don't PM me!
email: [email protected]

steve - i want to see that video, but I genuinely lolled at the bit about the crusty and the dread. Fucking MINT!

http://www.theprintproject.co.uk — letterpress printing

Steve, I've just been reminded of the Comets on Fire / Kid Commando gig in Notts when you did an unexpected stage dive into a rather alarmed Chris Summerlin, and also started playing air guitar with your knob during one of Comet's really wanky solos!

This wasn't funny for me at the time, but at a Catharsis gig at the Golden Shoe years ago, the singer spat right up in the air really high and it landed on the top of my head. I can see the funny side now, but but at the time it really pissed me off!

Kingmob wrote:

The Singer from Step On It slipping on Bannana Peel mid set and going down like something from a Buster Keaton film.

aaaahhaha, i remember that... not so much funny but embarrassing, when phoenix bodies dedicated their entire set to my moustache.... argh!

Filthy Turd playing to very few people in Bristol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbyW3h1h_us

(I'm just off to the left)

avant garde composer Noah Creshevsky asleep on a chair in the middle of the room at a Coffins/ Endless Blockade gig in New York

some confused old Czech farmer at a Shank gig on a mountain trying to give us all cheese before we played and then trying to talk to me during several songs (he didn't speak english even if i could have heard him)

Voorhees playing mid-sunday afternoon at a 1 in 12 fest, probably around 96. Two ancient crap punks rolling around on stage trying to get it on and some dude puking all over the floor in fornt of the stage and his mate scooping up chunks to eat

oh, and anytime the manchester punks came out to the 1 in 12 in the mid 90s and proceeded to fall over and start bleeding from the head

that wiggy fest at the club was well funny, with the naked irish lot running around, i kept well out of there way, hahha.

OUT NOW:TITV:003 - Tide of Iron(UK)/Grace(UK) - 7", TITV:004 - Set Aside for Genocide(USA) - CS - Demo, TITV:010 - Owl(USA) - 7"

COMING OUT SOON:TITV:007 - Human Junk(UK)/God's America(USA) - 7" , TITV:009 - Corrupt Humanity(Scotland)/Unholy Grave(Japan) - 7" ,TITV:011 - Manic Scum(USA) - Better Left Undead CS, TITV:012 - Hatred Division(Malaysia)/Unholy Grave(Japan) - 7"

i played a gig once with some kiddy metal band and they played some weird ska/metal crossover and as it went into a metal bit one of the guitarists threw his guitar around his head and the strap came off and the guitar just flew across the stage.

i was at a show in birmingham recently where the drummer from fuck right off during the middle of another bands set decided to run on stage and dive on top of the drums. that was fucking hilarious

this songs on the house,and this ones for you, i don't like the way you're treating me, I WANNA FIGHT.

43 (edited by jamieserpents 08-05-2009 19:53:14)

donotentryrecords wrote:

that wiggy fest at the club was well funny, with the naked irish lot running around, i kept well out of there way, hahha.

Aye that was fucking hilarious. The sxe tweenies getting increasingly aggravated at it in particular.

Just remembered birds of delay in Cork; everyone sat on the floor while they played apart from Glynn Smith, who spent the bulk of their set doing interpretive dance in front of the band.With his cock out.

Best one ever has to be first time Army of Flying Robots played Dublin - De Novissimis opened, and Karen and Eoin (the two guitarists) disappeared off behind the stage while AOFR were setting up - as soon as they hit the first note, Kaz and Eoin came running out from behind them in home made cardboard robot costumes (complete with anatomically correct tin foil genitals and tin foil plates for boobs) and started doing ridiculous robotic dancing while everyone at the front went mental.That same gig there was a slow motion circle pit with about 20 people doing hardcore dance moves at a snails pace. I vividly remember Henry wearing some kind of over sized 70s sunglasses at some point. Watching the robots trying not to cack themselves laughing through all the madness added to the whole fun factor too. Fucking hilarious.

Marv and someone else setting up a table infront of us and armwrestling when Drainland played in Boston was also amazing.

oh i remember seeing a thrash band in sheffield once (i cant remember their name) and the singer ran through the crowd wearing a box painted as a dice and spent the whole set in this box, that was pretty funny

this songs on the house,and this ones for you, i don't like the way you're treating me, I WANNA FIGHT.

ponte_ricky wrote:

oh i remember seeing a thrash band in sheffield once (i cant remember their name) and the singer ran through the crowd wearing a box painted as a dice and spent the whole set in this box, that was pretty funny

I hope they covered "Roll With It"

LOL!

don't PM me!

Kunal wrote:

Filthy Turd playing to very few people in Bristol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbyW3h1h_us

(I'm just off to the left)

Man i miss Filthy Turd/ Bongoleeros shows
SO
MUCH

FT once played in trackie bottoms and footie shirt hitting a broken contact mic with a hammer going
"YEAH!"
"YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!"

and the best Bongos set has to be 9 piece opening for SLOGUN (!) entering the room one by one with stockings covered heads w one guy spinning plates!!!!!!!!! arms out libra scales style! so cheeky.

definitely one of the most liberating moments i ve ever felt.
i felt like ANYTHING was possible!!!!!

don't PM me!

DRIFT CATCHER 1998 wrote:

When Birds of Prey played the Fenton once, this like 50 old guy at the bar was all  "whats all this shit upstairs?"

i turned round when we were playing and he had his shirt open breakdancing/ cossack dancing??!!!!

Birds of Prey at the Fenton -  Wes's bleeding eye after I accidently  stabbed him (in his eye) with Lorgie's sword whilst he was dancing to Cher Believe.  A guy wants to put us at an art event in Leeds in October do you guys fancy it?

Call it a Clunes last ever gig at a small pub in Shrewsbury. Everyone going absolutely apeshit, someone throws three bin bags into the crowd which get ripped apart by the baying hordes. My mate rips open a long out of date Chicken Tikka ready meal and pours it all over his head, whilst all around him people start gagging and throwing up due to the hideous smell of gone off chicken in his lank dreadlocks.

"Before I give my own review of this book I just want to say that I am a huge harry potter fan, to the extent that I actually have a deathly hallows tattoo on my bottom. I'm also quite ill right now, but I fought against my horrid cold to read this book. "

Cutting Pink With Knives at a grotty biker pub in Weymouth a couple years ago,in between one of their songs the phone behind the bar goes off and the singer tells the woman behind the bar "Hurry up and answer the phone you gothic slut" A load of meathead bikers start circling and he invites them all to "come and touch my dick". It all being said in a very camp American accent made it even funnier.

50 (edited by N.G STATE OF MIND 09-05-2009 00:20:02)

notoriousBOC wrote:
Ed wrote:

'Crazy' Niels moshing through a closed fire exit door at Dirty Money in Nottingham last year, pulling off the cloth draping which was flimsily held up by drawing pins, then trying to pin it back up much to no avail.

hahaha that and ilan kicking that mosher were two of the greatest things i've ever seen

that show was pretty funny all night. Old General regulars at the bottom of the stairs offering us a tenner for every cab, head and PA speaker as we loaded it all in... and then again as we loaded it all out again. And some kid of primary school age running around the gig with no shoes or shirt on. Standing the PA desk on a clapped out old tumble dryer. And a geriatric old dog scaring me. After the show, children in the street were begging money off the bands staying over at my house as well.