Re: Funniest thing you've seen at a gig....

hellfist wrote:

no, it was me!

HAHA!! I never realised that!

I once saw Mugsey swinging from the lighting above the pool table in the MUNRO in Liverpool the night that the owners banned any future shows in their establishment, once the lighting gave way only the live wiring remained. He then used the live wire in a threatening manner to anyone who approached him almost hissing with rage ..

" I'll go and get my son he's only up stairs " said the lady running the bar.

" go and fucking get him then " hissed Mugsey.

that was quite funny.

I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

Just re-read this (slow day). best topic ever!

more

when stalingrad played the 13th note and the singer was annoying everyone (as is the norm) and he bumped this metalhead's pint, who promptly decked him. the whole room fell silent apart from duane and mickey talking about homebrew "it's got a chlorine infection, but it's ok" at the back.

oh, and seeing how tobin started this thread, seeing tobin with blood pouring out his head after cracking it off a monitor while headbanging to high on fire. only bettered by a daft metal kid at an anicient death metal gig in aberdeen (korpse?) who was like the only person dancing and managed to split his head open on the stage, knocking himself out. he was dragged off and a janitor came and mopped up the pool of blood while the song continued.
ah, and doing a gig in some kind of holiday camp in the woods somewhere in poland (don't go outside or the mafia will kill you) and there was a guy dancing with a 6 foot chain, waving it around and smashing it on the floor.

not quite at a gig. Went to london to see Better than a Thousand and the other car in our convoy turned up two hours late as they got so stoned they forgot to get off the M25 and went round from west to east london on it before realising what was going on. Sure aforementioned band would have approved.

Month of Birthdays in the 1in12. My mate shouting in my ear "she`s got massive jugs" just as a song ended. fucking amazing and he was proper embarrassed.

slain/re-sisters gig in sheffield. me and skater "demonstrating" our new ultra-violent/stupid moves to each other while just standing about. i clock a guy right in the face with my helicopter dance. luckily, no fight. earlier i went out to get some baccy and a prostitute asked me for a light and  then the shop was being held up by gluesniffers. good gig though.

Can't remember what show it was that i was at but seeing a guy in a wheelchair "crowdsurfing" sure was the highlight.

Already been mentioned but Nick The Greek running around with a plant pot during Dean Dirg at the gyc

chrisw wrote:

Nick The Greek

Almost as bad as 'Fun Alf'.

DIY minded recording in Leeds: www.suburbanhome.co.uk

xcrimescenex wrote:

not quite at a gig. Went to london to see Better than a Thousand and the other car in our convoy turned up two hours late as they got so stoned they forgot to get off the M25 and went round from west to east london on it before realising what was going on. Sure aforementioned band would have approved.

Month of Birthdays in the 1in12. My mate shouting in my ear "she`s got massive jugs" just as a song ended. fucking amazing and he was proper embarrassed.

Ha ha ha.... it wasn't Ooch was it?

I was outside a gig at the Star and garter talking to Andy Moore, and a crack whore comes up, asks for a light and offers her services whilst at the same time grabbing me by the balls....how we laughed!

They've stolen our world now they run the place

Pandasrule wrote:

The singer from Oi Polloi making a standard issue anti-capitalism speech at trashfest before setting fire to a mcdonalds cup. In his head the cup went up like a firework and provided the perfect intro to the song, in reality the mcdonald's cup wasn't flammable so he stood there with a lighter for the best part of a minute trying to singe it and failed miserably.

Marvellous.

Some elderly Italian gent wandering into Bismuth's set at Platform 5 in Ashford, expecting the song to finish each time a pause before another massive chord happened - he would either start clapping or remove his fedora in appreciation every time.

He later said "It's like stone henge, BUT MUSIC!"

3 parts beer, 1 part gin (lemon for the ladies) - mine's a pint of BIN!

Hard Skin in my home town of Corby playing to about 20 people, they start to play 'Two Chords Two Fingers' and one of the old crap punks grabs the mic and starts singing 'Down Down' by Status Quo without missing a beat.