Re: Celebrities you've seen in the flesh - where and when

tobytiger wrote:
previous employees of borders book hell hole wrote:

mattj wrote:

tobytiger wrote:

Yep.
2001-02.  I think.
Only just enough room for the books once all the egos had been squeezed in on a morning.
Never knew.  I worked there 2004-2007 ish.  Dreadful place.
It was good when we worked there though Ry bringing his straightens in to do his hair in the morning lowered the tone. the costumers where twats though.
Seu Jorge album of Bowie covers playing in the shop....
Customer- Why are you playing this French shit?
Me- I'm sorry sir but its Portuguese

working on information:
Customer:  Hello, i'm looking for a book.
Me: OK, whats the title?
C: I don't know
M: Fine.  Do you know the author?
C: Not really, i think it was Micheal something but i don't know the surname.
M: riiiigght.
C:  Its got a blue cover.
M: *incomprehensible muttering*

This happened with far to high a frequency for it to be overly witty members of the public having a laugh at my expense.  Eventually i had to deal with it by either simply asking them to leave the shop whilst wearing serious face, or walking away from them after saying i'll have a look and then watching to see how long they waited at the information point before wandering off.

I was eventually asked to have a little  "chat" with a manager regarding my treatment of customers and general attitude.  and with the utmost seriousness it was suggested that i should "decide what was more important, my degree projects (i was in the third year of my microbiology degree at the time) or working in the store"  At first i was confused and assumed this was a joke and obviously my degree was more important.  However it rapidly became clear that smug borders manager was in fact suggesting that the priority in my life should be my shit bookstore job.  He found my laughter inappropriate and i quit on the spot.  I find it difficult to describe my loathing for this place adequately.

Aye, we get people like that at the library, except they don't go away when you can't find the book they want, they just complain about how shit a service you are. Love students.

Saw one of the Funeral for a Friend guitarists in Borders yesterday....

Retention colours are the only true colours.

drove pass lionel blair in london last year. grim.
met Janick Gers at work when he went to see Robert Plant, Robert Plant sucked.
met Bruce Dickinson when he flew me to Iron Maiden gigs last year and went to his 50th birthday.
met queens of the stone age, nice blokes
met papa roach, nice blokes shit band haha
met linkin park, shit blokes, shit band
met slipknot, nice blokes not a fully shit band
met timmy mallet, shit man, shit clothes, nice hammer
walked past tommy vance when i was younger to sacred to say hello, then he died.
served jill halfpenny at work.

probably some other really bad ones.

OUT NOW:TITV:003 - Tide of Iron(UK)/Grace(UK) - 7", TITV:004 - Set Aside for Genocide(USA) - CS - Demo, TITV:010 - Owl(USA) - 7"

COMING OUT SOON:TITV:007 - Human Junk(UK)/God's America(USA) - 7" , TITV:009 - Corrupt Humanity(Scotland)/Unholy Grave(Japan) - 7" ,TITV:011 - Manic Scum(USA) - Better Left Undead CS, TITV:012 - Hatred Division(Malaysia)/Unholy Grave(Japan) - 7"

saw russell howard today, not really that much of a celebrity but he lives in the same building as my mates

355 (edited by sned 25-06-2009 23:46:11)

Graham Duff (wrote / played Brian in 'Ideal') at Throbbing Gristle, London. The other day.

this is the winner :
MARTIN HANGING OUT WITH THE SCORPS- CLASSIC!

http://b9.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00626/92/24/626524229_l.jpg

fuck off

sned wrote:

Graham Duff (wrote / played Brian in 'Ideal') at Throbbing Gristle, London. The other day.

this is the winner :

http://b9.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/0062 … 4229_l.jpg

hahah that is class. where about was that?

OUT NOW:TITV:003 - Tide of Iron(UK)/Grace(UK) - 7", TITV:004 - Set Aside for Genocide(USA) - CS - Demo, TITV:010 - Owl(USA) - 7"

COMING OUT SOON:TITV:007 - Human Junk(UK)/God's America(USA) - 7" , TITV:009 - Corrupt Humanity(Scotland)/Unholy Grave(Japan) - 7" ,TITV:011 - Manic Scum(USA) - Better Left Undead CS, TITV:012 - Hatred Division(Malaysia)/Unholy Grave(Japan) - 7"

donotentryrecords wrote:

walked past tommy vance when i was younger to sacred to say hello, then he died.

Jamie Festo(of Whole in the Head / Minute Manifesto fame)'s Dad once punched him out!

Met Magnum - The man not the band. Yes!

donotentryrecords wrote:
sned wrote:

this is the winner :

http://b9.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/0062 … 4229_l.jpg

hahah that is class. where about was that?

nashville

I think I saw Helen from the second Big Brother working in a hairdresser up the road from me.

tom hanks, snoop dogg not long after he became famous, kobe bryant, magic johnson, rivers cuomo, zach de la rocha are the only real famous people i've met. other people i've seen salma hayek but i didn't approach her. tom hanks and snoop were the nicest. magic johnson was a real asshole.

i've met a bunch of people from bands but i can't be bothered to list them all.

One of my favs, Lucinda Rhodes-Flaherty from Harry and Cosh, Cave Girl, Dream Team - the usual early '00s channel 5 pap.
Buff tings

saw richard e. grant today on princes street

Nicola Sturgeon and her bf almost run me over in their car on my way home last week.

i see that poison dwarf all the time, alex salmonds head up close is a sight to behold, his skull is huge

you see that portarait of her that was doing the rounds? guy painted that was on CRACK.

started a job working at bristol old vic theatre doing front of house a couple of weeks ago and last friday met john cleese! it was pretty cool. also i did not realise his name used to be john cheese...

bill bailey i see him alot actually round the 'smith

Literally bumped into Nigel Clough on Tuesday night.

I saw Konnie Huq in Covent Garden yesterday. She's very small.

And I saw Derren Brown last night but that doesn't count because I went to see him live haha.

"My name is a killing word."

371 (edited by N.G STATE OF MIND 16-07-2009 15:02:37)

Rosie. wrote:

I saw Konnie Huq in Covent Garden yesterday. She's very small.

And very beautiful too.

I would definitely make a twat of myself trying to talk to her if I saw her.

Yeah she's def a babe in real life, never thought so on screen!

"My name is a killing word."

Today I met Kevin Spacey and played with his dog (not a euphemism)

374 (edited by Family Circus 13-08-2009 17:12:05)

Saw Rhys Ifans with his son, reading the Daily Mail sad in Cafe Rouge in Cardiff the other day.

Retention colours are the only true colours.

I saw Richard Stillgo (sp?) and Tony Slattery in Chicehster when I was a pezzer student.