Topic: modest mouse

when is the new record coming out? who else likes modest mouse?

Re: modest mouse

i do - if that makes a difference, or helps in anyway, like them that is.

"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking"

DRAMAMINE!

best indie rock ever.

joe, i agree with you smile have you heard of lync?

you have good music taste! my favorite is "the lonesome crowded west"...and of course i LOVE ugly casanova.
smile

what labels the new record on?  the moon & antartica is very cool, but i've had my copy stolen sad and i think the lonesome crowded west is a good album also.......i really like that song jesus christ was an only child.

my brother has most of their other records which i will get round to borrowing someday.

epic?

i love ugly casanova, never got round to buying any modest mouse though. just have stuff on tapes. one of the songs is emo as fuck.

lync were hit and miss, again some stuff is emo to bits, the rest i was less impressed by. though i only bought the discog cd because adz made me (at a song of zarathustra show in nottingham, i doubt he remembers, i am surprised i do).

a discography cd?...i have never heard of it :?

hmm, i think it's a discog! it's called "remembering the firebath" and is k records #73 / troubleman # 27.

no, "remembering the fireballs" contains 7"s and unreleased tracks.
k released another cd called "these are not fall colors".very good!! smile

lync=mid nineties emo/art pop wink

ah, so what else did they release that isn't on that cd? just the cd you mentioned? no wonder the cd i have is a bit patchy, if it's got unreleased things on in it smile

ah, so what else did they release that isn't on that cd? just the cd you mentioned?

yes,i think so smile

you should get into emo art/pop andy...just like me! lol

vic, i am the english version of you smile

vic, i am the english version of you smile

whoaa!!!!!we rock!!!!!

...oops! i have to wake up early :x

i don't. i have wednesday to friday off work. i'm going to go missing.

i hope you wake up in time.

only just noticed this thread!

i love modest mouse and lync.

yep, these are not fall colours is a darn good cd. smile

I like music.

"Last week, rumors began flying that longtime Modest Mouse drummer Jeremiah Green had left the band after more than ten years serving as their inimitable backbone. His departure from Modest Mouse, it was said, would allow him to focus his energy on The Vells, a newly formed pop band he's been drumming with recently. The Vells, which features members of Red Stars Theory, Stagger Lee, and The Blessed Light, just released their self-titled six-song debut EP on Luckyhorse Industries, the Pacific Northwest label run by ex-Built to Spill/Red Stars Theory/764-HERO bassist James Bertram and photographer Amanda Graham..." pitchforkmedia  :oops:

lync were hit and miss, again some stuff is emo to bits, the rest i was less impressed by. though i only bought the discog cd because adz made me (at a song of zarathustra show in nottingham, i doubt he remembers, i am surprised i do).

Ha, you are right mate - I don't remember that at all  big_smile Soz if I recommended a doozy to ya

I do like Lync though, they were cool  8)

I'll drink enough of anything to make this world seem new again

nah, i quite like it - it's just a bit hit and miss smile

the Vells=the shins/60's pop.nice stuff!

do you have it on slsk then vic? i will probably nick that off you when i go back to work if you do. i haven't listened to that shins one yet, i put it on a 'memory stick' and brought it home with me though smile

yep, i also have the new ted leo  smile

there's a new ted leo? already? i need to get that.

I like music.

si, a new ep titled Tell Balgeary, Balgury is Dead.

www.lookoutrecords.com