Topic: Noise Rock

I've been listening to a bit of 'noise rock' at the moment and there's only a few bands that have made the cut, as it were.
I've been enjoying:
Ex models, AIDS Wolf, Pink & Brown mainly.

Can anyone recommend any other great noise rock bands, similar to the ones I mentioned?

Re: Noise Rock

You could try: xbxrx, some girls, usaisamonster, wolf eyes... also worth checking out labels like load records (lightning bolt, plus loads more worth checking out...) and Monitor records (releases Battles, Part Chimp and Oxes I believe...), also have a look at UK's gringo records...  Southern Records website can also be a good place to nose around...

"Same Old Shit..."

anything on skin graft & load. also listen to arab on radar. lots.

Birthday Party. woot!

homostupids
homopolice

Sly&TheFamilyDrone wrote:

anything on skin graft & load. also listen to arab on radar. lots.

Yeah! Also Pre, Todd, Divorce, White Mice...

And further back, the No New York bands of course. I've said it before, but the Mars LP will destroy you.

Nice one, I find some arab on radar stuff a bit boring.
Also been listening to some Call Me Betty and Yowie, I'll check those recommended now, keep 'em coming.

Call Me Betty were awesome, they have some great vids floating about.

Anyone into power violence should check out CMBs new band, Henry Fonda. You know all about that Shatnerrr

Indeed, they are on my comp tape coming out soon smile

Oh, and Harry Pussy.

Dkeshiki, how was the show with Suckinim Baeanim?

power negi wrote:

Dkeshiki, how was the show with Suckinim Baeanim?

Good! They basically blew us away though. They knew all their equipment and we were borrowing strange and unfamilliar amps. Also the PA blew up before any bands played so vocals went through tiny amps which werent really loud enough. But blah blah blah it was great fun and everyone enjoyed it and the bands were really really nice. I even got a Julith Krishun patch!

Cherubs are brilliant.  Borrowed their CD off my grilfriend ages ago and loved it.  You should give them a listen.  Think there are two bands with the same name, but it's the one that made the epic Heroin Man.

Diet Pills are worth checking out. Our drummer hit me up with their 7". It's like Melvins crossed with the heavy bits in MITB I'd say. Good shit.

Yeah man, I've put Diet Pills on in Stoke before, everyone should own that 7"
I'll check Cherubs

you should dude.  Very rewarding after a few listens, took me a few but ended up loving it.  Other good smaller bands include Snake Apartment.  Check them out too.  http://www.myspace.com/snkapt

Snake Apartment sound like the boring bits of Arab on Radar in my opinion.
So far, I'm enjoying the 1st three I mentioned, Cherubs, Diet Pills, Call Me Betty and Yowie
Keep 'em coming, especially if they sound like Ex Models

The Cherubs LP 'Icing' is immense! Check out Guzzard, Hammerhead (the Am Rep one not the shit german one) and the mighty Dazzling Killmen.......... Halo of Flies (amazing) and the Bastards are essential. Tar, Surgery, Janitor Joe, all good 90's stuff too. There's a lot of Flipperesque 80's stuff worth tracking down too........

Neptune are worth a listen and Action Beat are awesome live (thought their LP was a bit disappointing).

www.crushingdeath.com - gigs in Cambridge

~~ 2nd Jul - 75 Dollar Bill ~~
~~ 26th July - Woven Skull ~~

Cows

Dragbody - Flip the Kill Switch

Yowie are awesome!

Pre are swish, though prolly heard of em!

Cousin Scampi are worth checking out. I think the singer is also a member of Diet Pills.

I work my way backwards using cynicism

yeah, he screeches in diet pills.
does power violence and noise rock go together?