Topic: new emo bands

i think we have threads for all the other stuff that the C covers, but there doesn't seem to be one for new emo bands.

http://www.myspace.com/mankukapak

manku kapak are a german band who are enjoying the mid 90s and indian summer maybe a bit too much but there's nothing wrong with that. if you like shitty recordings, crying, sad twinkly guitar parts, dudes clutching their hair, dudes with their backs to the audience, dudes rolling on the floor, you will fucking love this.

Re: new emo bands

aye.

"the deadening futility of day-to-day life will be temporarily washed away in a flood of blessed and cleansing torment"

so what do vegans eat anyway?!

One of the guys from this band sent me a last.fm friend request only 5 minutes prior to me clicking on this thread. Good band!

Retention colours are the only true colours.

Sounds good.

Have mentioned Ulises Lima to a few of you before but they are not well known - they have just finished making a CD or CDr and have posted a few songs from it up today in fact - ex members of Ciudad Del Cabo, etc. http://www.myspace.com/uliseslima

Just because I think people really need to hear them: http://www.myspace.com/wellwisher10

More power to me.

Nice. Would like to hear more from all of the bands mentioned in this thread.

Retention colours are the only true colours.

Manku Kapak sound amazing, definitely in to that. Well Wisher are amazing, such a good band.

I'll check the other one out tomorrow. I like this thread so far

awesome band

figure these two should be mentioned here

www.myspace.com/uswasted

www.myspace.com/list

any new bands doing the postpunkmo stuff? Mid 90s revival = snore

fuck your negi shit.

constant wrote:

www.myspace.com/uswasted

www.myspace.com/list

I think List broke up?

More power to me.

Andy Malcolm wrote:

i think we have threads for all the other stuff that the C covers, but there doesn't seem to be one for new emo bands.

http://www.myspace.com/mankukapak

manku kapak are a german band who are enjoying the mid 90s and indian summer maybe a bit too much but there's nothing wrong with that. if you like shitty recordings, crying, sad twinkly guitar parts, dudes clutching their hair, dudes with their backs to the audience, dudes rolling on the floor, you will fucking love this.

I really like this band.

That Manku Kapak band is alright, but doesn't really excite me. Pretty average mid90s rip off. When will bands start ripping of the interesting bands of that period (e.g. universal order of armageddon? shotmaker? (later) angel hair?)?

kittencore wrote:

When will bands start ripping of the interesting bands of that period (e.g.  shotmaker? )?

at about 7.30pm tonight, if i have anything to do with it...

"the deadening futility of day-to-day life will be temporarily washed away in a flood of blessed and cleansing torment"

kittencore wrote:

That Manku Kapak band is alright, but doesn't really excite me. Pretty average mid90s rip off. When will bands start ripping of the interesting bands of that period (e.g. universal order of armageddon? shotmaker? (later) angel hair?)?

They sound more like a combo of Evergreen, Lincoln, Still Life, and Indian Summer to me.

I was refering to what kind of band I'd like to hear. You are mostly right about that manku kapak band (can't hear a Lincoln influence though).

Rémi wrote:
constant wrote:

www.myspace.com/uswasted

www.myspace.com/list

I think List broke up?

they have an upcoming first release. also they broke up before it happened, i dont know how more emo you can get that you are so obscure you kind of dont even exist

manku kapak - not reinventing the wheel, but doing a great job, would be amazing at a basement gig. into this.

ulises lima - like this, think it would sink in more instead of giving it a cursory 3 minutes on myspace for the purposes of replying to a thread

list - fucking incredible, i must get the record when it comes out. bit of a kolya feel, perhaps

us wasted - yeah.... pretty sweet. like the slow burning feel. good to see a gainesville band not playing bar rock.

settle down

i really like this manku kapak band.

Andy Malcolm wrote:

fuck your negi shit.

Woah. Booked for Fest yet?

Wow. I thought we are so bad. roll

kittencore wrote:

I think it is because it is harder to ape bands like that. 

Also, folks with the mind of following bands like that would not be content to simply follow (wallow?) in their footsteps.

Off Minor, being a case in point, clearly influenced by UOA (as evidenced by their cover of "Visible Distance" on WNYU) took a similar sound and took it further.

thanks for the recomendations in this thread. I love the whole mid-90s, mics not working so just getting emotional in peoples faces, rolling on the floor, no shoes thing. Ordination of aaron, impetus inter, bob f'n tilton., policy of 3.........actually does anyone know of any 'current' uploads. i still have my tape, it's pooped.

"Back when I was a teenager, just starting to think for myself, I came up with a very basic formulation. I decided that when anyone says, You're either for us or against us, you HAD to be against them. Because only moral simpletons and outright conniving rogues see, or even claim to see, the world in such preposterously black and white terms."

Nine Years Later wrote:

thanks for the recomendations in this thread. I love the whole mid-90s, mics not working so just getting emotional in peoples faces, rolling on the floor, no shoes thing. Ordination of aaron, impetus inter, bob f'n tilton., policy of 3.........actually does anyone know of any 'current' uploads. i still have my tape, it's pooped.

tom... i'm in a band you know... look here.