Re: new emo bands

Nine Years Later wrote:

thanks for the recomendations in this thread. I love the whole mid-90s, mics not working so just getting emotional in peoples faces, rolling on the floor, no shoes thing. Ordination of aaron, impetus inter, bob f'n tilton., policy of 3.........actually does anyone know of any 'current' uploads. i still have my tape, it's pooped.

There is Current stuff here - http://www.mediafire.com/emoisdead

27 (edited by moooon 02-01-2010 17:12:09)

its good to hear something that doesn't sound like algernon cadwallader. really digging list/us wasted/ulises lima!

more like all these.

Out of all these links, LIST is definitely my favourite!

Thanks for the nice comments about List. I believe a couple of labels are on board to put out the split lp with Perfect Future but looks like we could still do with one or two more to help make that happen. If anyone's at all interested in getting involved pls contact us at listband  AT rocketmail DOT com. thanks!
--David

We're going to party, karamu, fiesta, forever.

List/Listless: http://listless1.bandcamp.com

Joe C wrote:

postpunkmo

What?

petethefeet wrote:
Joe C wrote:

postpunkmo

What?

post punk + emo. so long as you're not taking what joe posted there seriously, we're all good.

petethefeet wrote:
Joe C wrote:

postpunkmo

What?

It's like Hip Hop

seriously man have you ever read CZ before? adding "mo" at the end of everything is kinda a given.

There must be more new bands than this!? Gonna mention All Through A Life who were a recent but short lived band playing some really cool stuff - they made one 7'' (Andy reviewed it on here somewhere) before one member moved away and they split up - http://www.myspace.com/allthroughalife.

The remaining members have continued with what had been a side project called Damages, they might have added new members too. Anyway they are still going and have released a 7'' and a song on a comp (I've reviewed both). They have more stuff on the way and sound a bit like Brito (another fairly recent band who sadly broke up).

Also, Ulises Lima have recently posted up all tracks from their recent album - http://www.myspace.com/uliseslima

Oli wrote:

Brito (another fairly recent band who sadly broke up).

really? last thing i heard, was they're still looking for a new drummer about a month ago....

Ah ok then your info is correct and that's good news. I thought they had packed it in because they couldn't find a drummer - they have been looking for one for quite a few months now!!

Oli wrote:

Ah ok then your info is correct and that's good news. I thought they had packed it in because they couldn't find a drummer - they have been looking for one for quite a few months now!!

it has been a long time indeed... would be a shame if they don't find one sad they were reaaaaaaaaaaaally awesome the few times i saw them play!

Oli wrote:

There must be more new bands than this!?

there is, but you don't bands with singing.

Ha well this thread isn't just for me is it! Plus I like a few with singing and would check anything out along those lines - I enjoyed Rika and Everton when they "toured" here a few months back.

The UK seems to be doing its bit recently with new emo bands, hope a few more crop up.

Joe C wrote:
petethefeet wrote:
Joe C wrote:

postpunkmo

What?

It's like Hip Hop

seriously man have you ever read CZ before? adding "mo" at the end of everything is kinda a given.

Well I kinda meant it in a "What? What bands make this?" way. I'd kinda taken it to be a "joke" genre-name which somebody might use when they can't really describe a band to somebody.

some good examples: calvary, tubers, what price wonderland, the solemn league

i think the tubers 3rd LP is out on europe. http://www.echocanyonrecords.com/

Never really liked Calvary from what I've heard of them. WPW are obviously pretty good. Never heard the other two though. Might give them a listen.

On a partly related sidenote, I listened to the Republic of Freedom Fighters LP the other day for the first time in ages. Such a good record.

44 (edited by Family Circus 06-01-2010 15:06:07)

wallyofdoom wrote:
Oli wrote:

it has been a long time indeed... would be a shame if they don't find one sad they were reaaaaaaaaaaaally awesome the few times i saw them play!

They did find one, posted a myshat bulletin up about it a few weeks ago. Writing new material soon apparently.

Retention colours are the only true colours.

petethefeet wrote:
Joe C wrote:
petethefeet wrote:

What?

It's like Hip Hop

Well I kinda meant it in a "What? What bands make this?" way. I'd kinda taken it to be a "joke" genre-name which somebody might use when they can't really describe a band to somebody.

Apologise for snapping then Pete.

It's only a smallish sound, but it seems there are/have been quite a few bands reacting the metal/fuzzy/wall of noise sound of Screamo of the mid 2000s and finding a new janglier/punkier kinda thing..

for example...

Sinaloa have a kinda Gang of Four et al slow hard jerky thing going on
Reds and Tubers have a Mission of Burma/Wire esque big wierd chord and stop starty mid paced punk thing going on
and yeah Calvary were a bit earlier than most of the bands but they had a real early 80s UK influence..

and yeah I guess we have been messing about with the kinda unhinged funk thing.. or as Andy M put it "art funk inbetween the emo songs"

not really a genre or a scene at all, but it's a nice little thing people seem to be picking up as a slightly new take on the 'mo

add 12xu to that

do they have a myspace?

Thought 12XU were a bit of a letdown at Fest. I'd expected to be quite into them, but wasn't, sadly.

Kenny wrote:

Thought 12XU were a bit of a letdown at Fest. I'd expected to be quite into them, but wasn't, sadly.

yeah, this. thankfully, tubers played next and were mind-blowing.

settle down

Kenny wrote:

have you a bet that every post you make mentions fest?