Topic: The Jazz June

What do you all think of this band? I think they're pretty underrated. Think Get Up Kids but better, plus they use lots of cool effects and whatnot. Anyone know what (if any) bands these fellas are in now?

Re: The Jazz June

Oops I meant to put this in reccomend/discuss bands. Could someone move it for me? Cheers.

I love all the albums until the last one, I think they got back together a couple of years ago and released a rarities comp with a DVD of the reunion gig didn't they?

"I'm up to my knees in the original cast of mash..."
http://writinginbasic.co.uk - indie blog/podcast

i like them but i always think of them as very second tier in the genre. i'd always listen to nothing feels good or 4 minute mile before sticking a jazz june record on.

i like these guys, i file them with bands like m.i.j as tpr worship but not as good.

the first lp is as close to daveys vocals as a band can get.

cold beer in my mouth and tears in my eyes

i would rate m.i.j higher than the jazz june personally, but i might just be feeling generous since jeff hanson died

Pseudo Colonial Pineapple Tour, 2011

me too, and my favourite citizen.

i'm not always in the mood for the poppunky jazz june vocals... really like the 1st 2 albums and most of the other stuff from time to time though.

i also prefer m.i.j. over the jazz june. that song ' west'  is way better than any jazz june song! man, that song is awesome! sounds like rainer maria.... took me a while to realize the singer was a dude...

i really liked the song 'when the drums kick in' and quite liked that ep it was on but yeah, they were a bit second division overall. not something i've gone back to in recent years, but not bad. listening to them on spotify right now.

Break Up Your Band

I've got The Medicine and Breakdance Suburbia, they're very swell. By the sounds of things they seem to have fell off after that? From those albums I wouldn't say they're second tier, but I may have to dig through their catalogue deeper to form a full opinion.
Does anyone have links for this MIJ band? Google isn't really working for it. Cheers.

think the links are still working for mij:

http://wilfullyobscure.blogspot.com/200 … les-7.html

Wow MIJ are swell as! The singer has a great voice, he sounds like 15 or something, which is always a plus in poppy emo.

nice to read all this stuff, even thou the thread's over a year old now

i was a jazz june fan before meeting andrew (frontman) here in london via black time and now having the honour to be jammin with him in wake up dead, good bands, good vibes

represent

the thread is from 3 days ago? smile

still think the medicine is well underrated, great record.

Andy Malcolm wrote:

the thread is from 3 days ago? smile

haha, duh, i was obv looking at the dates users registered for some reason

yea hopefully WUD do sum shows again soon + we plan on doing a tape too
as for the jazz june, it all rules yup, esp medicine

First couple albums and 7"s were great!