Topic: Chaos UK questions

When Chaos UK did a tour of Japan in 1985 they played the following shows:

11th (Nov '85) – Tokyo
13th – Tokyo
15th – Takamatsu
16th - Osaka
17th - Kyoto

Of those shows, the November 11th show in Tokyo was released as the B side to the "Stunned To Silence" tape.

The B side to the "Just Mere Slaves" LP also contains part of the live set of their Osaka show but not in it's entirety. Does anyone know how or where or anything about an entire copy of this set??

Does anyone know if live tapes exist of any of the other shows? I'd really love to own them. I messaged one of the guys from Chaos UK, but he didn't seem to be able to help me too much. Anyone else have any info please???

Re: Chaos UK questions

did you post on HRPSIII ? prob get more people on there with this kinda info mate.

Major Wants : To The Point "mentally checked out' 7"
the Death Dust Extractor 12" & Crisis 7"s at punk prices...
and I do a weird record label http://tadpolerecords.blogspot.co.uk/

backed, hi erik!

fuck off

hi erik smile

hey, hello Darren, Sned, and Tony!
Hope all are well. Thanks for the heads up, ya, i posted it on the last board and had someone inform me that the Just Mere Slaves tracks were from Osaka, but no one else had any additional info. I messaged Gabba about it a while back, but he wasn't able to provide me with much information. Perhaps i should be asking people in Japan where it was recorded trying to find info instead of people in the UK where the band was from. I dunno. If you guys know anyone else who might have some info, please let me know. Thanks guys.

next time i see Mower i will ask him. He hoarded quite a lot of stuff and might have tapes or at least know if they were recorded. However i think Gabba is the one most interested in keeping hold of recordings as he has a vested interest in their legacy more than most.

chaos won`t have a clue.

Have you heard the demo with Victimised etc on it? you can get a copy on `slaughter of innocents`blog.

Great band early on but later period stuff is very hit and miss. That fucking Farmyard Boogie song.

Thanks for the info xcrimescenex. Is this Graham from Crime Scene Records? If so, what's up, this is Erik from Social Napalm Records in the US. I think we traded in like hmm 2002-ish once. If not the same person, oh well. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Have heard the demo, thanks, but that actually brings up another great question i've been wondering about. That demo has the songs Maggie and Hate along with three others. There was a CD called Flogging The Corpse ( http://www.cherryred.co.uk/anagram/artists/chaosuk.php - second one down) that was released by Anagram in England and Cleopatra in the US that also had those two songs on it at the beginning of the CD. The song Hate on the Flogging CD sounds like the exact same version that was on the demo, but Maggie on the Flogging CD differs from the demo version that i have as it has a spoken word intro and also is much better recorded (although my demo could just be 87th generation). So my question, was Maggie a rerecording of the original demo song? And if so, what was it intended for, and were there other songs recorded during that session?

Chaos UK (along with Poison Idea) is my favorite HC band of all time, but the early years info just seems so mysterious to me even after reading the Andy Farrier interview in Burning Britain. Maybe it's just cuz it's on a different continent in a time and place i have no attachment to.

Anyone else on here have an live Chaos UK material they'd be interested in trading? I'm only looking for stuff up through "Chipping Sodbury Bonfire Tapes" era. Nothing after that.

And fuck, Farmyard Boogie, so annoying. On every album. What a waste...

I thought I was the only one in the world that didn't really like Farmyard Boogie.

S'up Mel. Yo, this board is board is packed full of people i sorta, kinda, or a little bit know.

Hey Erik, hope you are well old friend. This thread is like a stomping ground for old friends for ya.
I would copy you any of my Chaos UK tapes, did we talk about this before? Or was it other tapes?

Hey Mel,
Fuck, it's been a bit. I've spotted you a few times on PE when i've been lurking it for info on old bands, hope you're doing well. I remember discussing tape trades a while back, and i'd still love to. I'm looking for Chaos UK or really any '80s British stuff that's live or demo material. UK82/anarcho/early crust/UKHC/early goth, so whatever you're up for. I know there's some brosama on Youtube who runs something called like PunkVids or some shit that i can't remember. He's got an 1980s Chaos UK set too with a clip of one song up Youtube. He won't trade though unless you've got a punk DVD that he doesn't already have and wants, so i wasn't able to trade with him. So i know i'm missing that live set, but i'll have to track down the date on it again. Anyway, here's what i've got for Chaos UK:

Chaos UK - demo (England, 1981)
Chaos UK - "Stunned To Silence" tape (England, 1984 - Live rehersal tape. Insert.)
Chaos UK - Live in England (unknown location 1982, awful quality/completist only)
Chaos UK - Live in England (unknown location 9/4/1983)
Chaos UK - Live in Coventry (5/12/86, soundboard quality)
Chaos UK - Live in Hamburg Motte (4/10/87)
Chaos UK - Live in Oslo, Norway on Public Access TV (2/6/87)
Chaos UK - Live at C.S.A.O., Udine, Italy (October 7, 1988)

Also, forgot to mention in that previous post regarding the Flogging The Corpse CD... the 4th or 5th track is a version of No Security listed as UK/DK outtakes or something. It's pretty well recorded, and i'd love to own the entire live set where that song was pulled from. Anyone have access to it???

Ahh, yeah, here's the Youtube one i was talking about: Live in Scotland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkKxoLG6xmo

i think i have that video, going by Gabba's hair, unless there's other videos of him with his hair like that. could be the poll tax blues vid.

alright Erik,
yeah its the same Graham who traded with you years ago. Good to see you`re still out there.
I will ask Beckie who was in Chaos UK if she has any live tapes of early stuff. I will be seeing her this week coming. She lives in Boston now but is in the UK to visit her family from bristol. She might be able to dig some old stuff up.

I have heard a rumour that the demo is going to be booted in the near future by a local bristolian along with Disorder demo`s. Not sure if the original band members will know about this or be happy but there you go. Sure it will look good as people been digging out photo`s and clippings from mags etc....

cheers
graham

xcrimescenex wrote:

I have heard a rumour that the demo is going to be booted in the near future by a local bristolian along with Disorder demo`s. Not sure if the original band members will know about this or be happy but there you go. Sure it will look good as people been digging out photo`s and clippings from mags etc....

chaos uk/disorder demos split-lp, fucking hell that'd be awesome!! i am hoping this is the same forthcoming record as been mentioned elsewhere, been speculating about this

by the way what is "HRPSIII"?

17 (edited by kjelli 22-02-2010 07:28:36)

Mr Slobo wrote:

by the way what is "HRPSIII"?

Secon that

BTW this show:
Chaos UK - Live in Oslo, Norway on Public Access TV (2/6/87)
Was recorded at Bootleg and shown on Bootleg TV. Bootleg was a place that unemployed in Oslo could get work experience in tv/sound. Most Nor. bands from that era played there. I jused to have the Angor Wat/Behind Bars atleast on video. Need to check the attic if its still there. Anyway both Chaos UK and Disorder played there, wouldn't be atleast suprised if Taf &/or Steve worked ther as well. The "Violent World" lp was recorded there. I think you got both the Chaos UK/Disorder show on dvd-r from me T. If you need it Erik I wil send it to you. Them ost notable bouth the place that it was usually more working on those shows than in the audience because it was recorded very early in the day and no alcohol I guess.

On the topic of Chaos UK. The Burning Britain 7" was one of the first 7"es I ordered from the uk along with the early No Future stuff. Still got it and its still one of my fav 7"s

And for a treat, the best metal band from Norway Equinox live from bootleg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBT3QpEZGp0

Hey Kjelli,
Thanks for the heads up on that, that's great info. I would love to get a copy of the Chaos UK and Disorder sets on DVD if you don't mind. I've got a VHS of the Chaos UK one, but it gets a bit warbly in a couple of places, so i could really use a higher quality DVD version. Email me direct to work it out. And you fucking know i still owe you those Disorder tapes. Let me know your address god damnit!!!!!!!! Alright talk to you soon.

Graham, thanks a ton for being willing to ask Mower and Becki when you see them. Here's hoping for the best...!

E. I'll be in touch I promise you.. sooner not later..... sorry. Will organize a dvd for you wink