Topic: looking for info on some record by some bands i can't remember

Yikes, this one is gonna be vague, but i'm hoping (praying) someone here can help me.

So i'm looking for the bands that were on a split 7" together released in, i believe, 1989, but it may have been '88, '90, or even a slim chance of 1991. I don't think either band ever released anything else (or much anyway), and they weren't very well known bands. I know i saw this 7" listed on the Discogs.com site at one point, so i know it exists. And i want to say that i saw a copy of it for sale at some point for like $4 or $5, so i know it's not anything too noteworthy. I also want to say that the bands were from the UK or Ireland but not from England.  And lastly i know it wasn't released by one of the more popular labels of the time period like Meantime, In Your Face, Words of Warning, etc.

With this said, i'd really like to put together a complete reference list for my own personal use of '80s records that weren't on one of the bigger labels. This excludes everything from No Future, Beat The System, and Riot City to Mortarhate/Fight Back, Crass, and Bluurg to Manic Ears, COR, Loony Tunes, etc. I'm just looking for a list of self released/one off/wicked tiny label/etc type releases. Disaster's "Wary Cry" on Tone Deaf, Reality "Blind To The Truth" on Subversive, or of course the split 7" i'm looking for. Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of any other UK boards that might have similar information, please let me know.

Also looking for any Chaos UK live sets from the 1980s. I've got a bunch, but would like a million more. And does anyone know if all of their shows on their Japan 1985 tour were recorded or just two of them? I'd fucking kill to have the tapes from all the shows.

Thanks for any help/insight/whatever,
-Erik
ewrecknap@hotmail.com

Re: looking for info on some record by some bands i can't remember

Under Siege / Killercrust split 7"??

SvartSabbath wrote:

Haha,that must be it,it's the first thing popped into my head too.

Please read and share oureoin.com ,thank you.

Yes, i do believe that's it!! That was much quicker and easier than i anticipated. Thanks very much guys! Has anyone ever heard this record? Is it good?

Any other one off records, self released records by no name bands, or labels that only had like 3 releases that you guys know of?

Erik, I had this split 7" long ago but sold it back... Not a fan.

As for what you're looking for, all I can think of right now is the S.A.S. 7" or the first Raw Noise 7".

Luc, didn't realize that was you (i'm blind and/or oblivious apparently). Ya, good call on both of those. That SAS record is a total hit. I thought i read on another board or somewhere that that was getting reissue treatment. Would love to see that. Never heard the Raw Noise 7" though. That's the ENT affiliated band, right? I think their demo was posted on Good Bad Music blog a while back???

SAS 7" is great indeed.

Yes, Raw Noise is the ENT affiliated band (well I think that was also ENT's first name, the demo is from 1984 and has a couple of songs that became ENT classics)... I think the first Raw Noise 7" was released for the ENT Japanese tour circa 1990. Dean Jones sings, not sure who else from ENT is on it. Self released, I believe 500 made. It was later bootlegged on a 10" together with their side of the split LP with Chaos UK.

The 1984 Raw Noise demo would make a killer 7"! I have no clue why this was never reissued.

spoke to Bobs about the SAS 7" and he said a few people had approached him about doing it but the sticking points being that he doesn`t have a master tape anymore so would have to come straight off the vinyl and also that people were wanting to put the demo`s on a re-issue as well which he`s not keen on as he thinks that they are rubbish
Picked up a spare of the 7" last year and it was like flies round shit when word got round.
Larm took the SAS 7" into their studio for their 1st Records and said "this is what we want to sound like" or so i`m told.

Sean in london has an incredible knowledge of old UK punk records. Makes lists for fun. I`ve never seen a collection like his. unreal.

Also the `they that could have been bigger than EMI` book is a huge discog. listing of labels from that time period. some stuff missing but its a great starting point. think it could do with a repress with updates.

garyoak wrote:
SvartSabbath wrote:

Haha,that must be it,it's the first thing popped into my head too.

First thing that popped into mine aswell.

I have that 7" and wrote a bit about it in an issue of gadgie - fast Napalm Deathy stuff I recall

What's the deal with it? It just seems like such an anomaly for the time. Seeing as neither band did anything after that, did members of them go on to form any projects at a later point? Or even had been in earlier ones.

12 (edited by Marvgadgie 21-02-2010 16:41:23)

I could email you the write up I did.

sure, please do. ewrecknap [aaaaaaaaaat] hotmail [d.o.t.] com

thanks

I still know the singer from Killercrust,he still does music,but not punk/hardcore. He was in Pet Lamb for a bit who were decent sort of noisey rock stuff. Some of the others went on to play in a band called Tension who did a 12" and a cd (kinda Nomeansno/Fugazi influenced stuff)

I'll remember more later.

I remember there was a band called Tension from the UK that featured the guy (Jim??) from Filth after he'd moved over there. I wonder if it's the same band. Thanks for the info.

Definately not the same

http://diyirishhardcorepunkarchive.blog … ay-12.html

Singer of Killercrust plays drums in this band
http://www.myspace.com/thelegionoftwo

I think the drummer from Killercrust/Tension does session work now.

The drummer and bass player from Killercrust/Tension also released a 7" on First Strike records under the name Wheel. It was a killer record.

fuck yeah that Wheel 7" was a good one. I`m off to dig it out.

Gary - wasn't Tommy Trousers in Killercrust?
He's in this band now
www.myspace.com/moutpiece

Shit,I got mixed up. It was a long time ago. So it was just the drummer from Killercrust in Tension.

hang on,  I'm getting confused - who was actually in Killercrust?I thought Lacey and Trousers were in there,am I right?

Ok,I'm confused now too. I just pulled out the record.

Conor-vocals
Michael-bass
Ross-drums
Tommy-guitar
David-lyrics

Wheel was Michael and Ross. I need to dig to see who played on the tape.

Only other info i got not in this thread was released by  Johnny Novy the guitarist of Drudge? I'm not, but perhaps you guys are familiar with this person or the band Drudge?

Drudge did a split lp with Agathocles on Deaf (sub label of Peaceville) about 20 years ago. I can't remember for t he life of me if they were any use or not though.

Never heard of Drudge.