51 (edited by trainrides 02-06-2010 19:03:29)

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

much appreciated.

i'm far away right now and not able to help get this sorted as much as i'd like, but regardless of this situation and the actions of people involved (none of whom i personally know) a few of you would do well to show some empathy, put the boot on the other foot and imagine the hoo ha youd be making if this was your band. if you don't care then you don't care but these snarky attitudes are not cool, you're really embarrasing.

bry wrote:

i'm far away right now and not able to help get this sorted as much as i'd like, but regardless of this situation and the actions of people involved (none of whom i personally know) a few of you would do well to show some empathy, put the boot on the other foot and imagine the hoo ha youd be making if this was your band. if you don't care then you don't care but these snarky attitudes are not cool, you're really embarrasing.

Karma is a bitch.

More power to me.

alexanderb wrote:

the TA threads are nothing compared to Geoff from Thursday pwning that awful clown flipitninja. did you catch that thread? pure vlmagic.

nobody cares about that thread. or thursday.

guy from thursday is apparently fronting ink and dagger at this is hardcore, don't read vl-wee-wee but presumably these things are related

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first time
I never think about the last

bry wrote:

these snarky attitudes are not cool, you're really embarrasing.

not half as embarassing as your driver refusing to take you any further cause your a bunch of spoilt little wankers.

seriously though, whilst baby sitting bands sucks, when i learnt this was yellow dog related the part about not having any itinery didn't surprise me... heard that before! it sounds like a culture clash to me... (make your own judgements there...)

if total abuse do drive themselves, i think they will have trouble getting into the UK in a van full of gear these days, as the new and improved 'uk border force' now backed by our super liberal tory government, is looking at making up for mistakes in the past by pulling their socks up with stringent checks. good luck with that (unless you got visas of course....)

if i wasn't busy this week i'd offer to come collect you in my steel beast but alas, this fool is already booked. ironically i'm free the day they're due to play round here.... waap waaaap waaaah

you still bore me...

I really want to see Flo's longer statement, there must be something serious in the "other fucked up things" and the tensions with the driver part to justify this. It's going to have caused problems for people who are meant to be putting them on, as well as for them being stuck in a foreign country.

I also hope there's no truth in the stuff that's being said about withholding contact details for the people doing the shows, because that would really be a bit shit.

59 (edited by petethefeet 02-06-2010 21:02:11)

bry wrote:

"Right on..."

Except most people would have the good sense to not act like a bunch of dicks if their reputation for such things precedes them. I don't know Total Abuse, and I've heard about 2 songs by them, but I know about some of their alleged antics and I know that if I were them, I'd probably have reigned it in a little and made sure the tour went as smoothly as possible so as to negate any possible bad feedback.

thanks for the link to vl-wee-wee site - lots of funny threads in there to pass the time away, any other sites worth checking out?

If you die tomorrow, can you honestly say you've lived?

http://www.myspace.com/mcpositivebastard

youtube's pretty good, lots of babies doing cute things

I was put off youtube when I saw a senior figure watching dogs mating on couches. I was thinking more of bitching and falling out on forums.

If you die tomorrow, can you honestly say you've lived?

http://www.myspace.com/mcpositivebastard

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fuck off

LukeWaterIntoBeer wrote:

I was put off youtube when I saw a senior figure watching dogs mating on couches. I was thinking more of bitching and falling out on forums.

BCO, B9?

It's impossible to tell from here.... *squint*.

sticky wrote:

youtube's pretty good, lots of babies doing cute things

a bit like this thread then.

bry wrote:

I'm actually with Bry on this. Apart from what Flo has said (and I've had nothing but good dealings in the past with you, Flo) none of us actually know what has happened. Rusty may be hugely unreliable when it comes to record/tshirt trading and selling (as well as having a questionable internet presence) but I think it's pretty unfair for a bunch of strangers to be like LOL HAVE FUN BEING STUCK.

This shit is when the internet makes everyone look like cunts, even innocent parties (of which there may be none)

Petty bitching and moaning makes you no better than the person you're protesting against. People have put in effort to book shows and now that's all gonna fall apart, ignoring the fact TA are stuck abroad and whether you hate them as people or musically that's kind of a shitty situation to be in.

"My name is a killing word."

Waiting for Flo's statement. I'm definitely expecting him to have valid reasons for backing out of this tour. Not going to be nice based on Rusty's version of events.

a thug changes and love changes and best friends become strangers word up

I know next to nothing about this band - but a lot of this thread comes across as bitchy bullshit.

They've stolen our world now they run the place

Russ wrote:

I know next to nothing about this band - but a lot of this thread comes across as bitchy bullshit.

which you are the king of....

in fact your post (and this?) is bitchy bullshit....

its ALL BULLSHIT!!!

you still bore me...

i also want to reiterate that even though flo said he wanted to "save all the promoters from us"...all the promoters of the shows we played in europe have had NOTHING bad to say about us. they told him we were a good band and people etc.

flo said "just because the promoters have had nothing bad to say about you doesn't mean anything. they only knew you for a day and fab knew you longer".

so keep in mind this fact. no one email flo to say we were bad and when he emailed them he said were fine.

I'd be interested in seeing the longer statement, because based on what's been posted so far, it doesn't look like justification for cancelling the whole tour, it looks like a misundertanding. There must be more to this..

Additionally, I'm not sure how well "cancelling the whole tour" comes across. Would it not have been fairer to just end his involvement in it, and let them on their own way? If there is anything substantive about witholding contact details, that's a bit off. Anybody who booked this band would already have a clue that they have a record for "antics" and that one of the members appears to be a thief.

i'm curious as to what antics you are talking about? we have never had a promoter mad at us really. we are a lot of things but i will say our tour record is pretty good.

My earlier light-hearted (and very humorous) typings were in jest at the aforementioned boozed up pissing on someone's floor incident. Then a reply stated that no one was drunk. I am just pointing that out (and possibly adding to the drama, as I am bored at work and have more important things to worry about).

I have no idea who this band, or a fellow called Rusty is, but I can certainly empathise being stuck somewhere without transport and money. I do hope you get sorted.

(no one was THAT drunk). I obviously can't read.

Being in a foreign country for two weeks with no money or place to stay is really really bad and that is why I can't get my head around why this band aren't doing everything they can to do the rest of the tour off their own backs.