Topic: four track help

So ive just gotten myself a tape 4 track recorder and have been messing about a bit, ive just recorded some songs of me playing guitar myself with some overdubs on the other tracks. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem, i take the tape out and put it into a tape player to check the playback and it just sounds like its being played by alvin and the chipmunks! does the tape need to be mastered before it can be played ? any help with this would be much appreciated

cheers
jacque

my band - GEIST

Re: four track help

your four-track plays at a different speed to normal tape players, is all. i'd be surprised if you couldn't take a line out from the four-track into another stereo (assuming you have the right lead - if not, they're easy enough to get hold of from e.g. maplins) and record it onto another tape, or if it's just for playback, you could use headphones?

eat more garlic, read more books

well i was hoping to take it from tape onto cd or onto my computer eventually as i want to record a full band. Ill try the line out thing as ive got a cable and adapters to make the jacks different sizes! thanks very much man im pretty clueless about it, it didnt come with a manual and those ehow videos and stuff are always shit and tell you nothing about anything haha

cheers mate

my band - GEIST

try googling "make & model" + manual, they often turn up online.

you need to mix the the tracks onto another tape or computer.

Noise Punk