Re: Hardcore punk / new releases / small talk thread...

To me, Boston Strangler's song structures are really, really similar to Poison Idea. I think they're cool but it's not quite as good as everyone has said.

Still, expecting them to do something really good. Definitely nice to see a hardcore band with more than three parts to their songs too.

I'm not into that.

would like a Strangler tape when it gets distroed over here

boston is killing it for HC lately: Waste Management, No Tolerance, Mind Eraser, Blank Stare, The Rival Mob etc. think Rival Mob are my favourite band around right now....

i am a sick man... i am an spiteful man. i am an unattractive man. i believe my liver is diseased.

Rival Mob are great, but these videos made me like them and the rest of those bands even more:

and this (especially from 0:49 hahaha)

That Rival mob stuff is great - definately gonna check them out!

They've stolen our world now they run the place

I caught Rival Mob live when I was in America earlier this year and they were great live. In all honesty I probably would have skipped over them on record if I hadn't watched them first, but picked both records up since. Hopefully they'll come over soon. Scapegoat also played that show, and although the set was probably less than 2 minutes long (each band only did 3 songs), they were great too. I'm excited about the lp on Painkiller, and the Waste Management 7". Boston is definitely killing it right now!

Static Shock Records + Distro: http://www.staticshockrecords.com

New Brainwashed Youth 7" is out now too! I've just ordered some copies:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KVgJGzDN9vk/TOZwBnb10jI/AAAAAAAAAeo/mE0bX9mfNpE/s1600/BYtrilogyfrnt.jpg

BRAINWASHED YOUTH
The Trilogy
RR//TT#28

Fucking finally. I just about dug out the grooves from the debut BRAINWASHED YOUTH single a few years ago. It was a boneheaded statement of defiance and thuggery. That one was called Life of Crime. They might as well have called it Hooligans with Guitars. This one is called The Trilogy. It starts off with an outtake from the Bonham solo in "Moby Dick" and then it kicks into some furious punk rock / oi! music that's thoroughly indebted to the Crown, the Union Jack, and all the mugs in England. It’s all courtesy of some infamous blockheads who have surfaced in groups like the Inmates, H-100s, Wolfdowners, and even Integrity.

ellis - did you pay no way for the tapes ? they owe me some money and it's turning into another hardcore holocaust / velted regnub pain in the arse... i'm no longer sending records without payment, my days of good faith are over.

Major Wants : To The Point "mentally checked out' 7"
the Death Dust Extractor 12" & Crisis 7"s at punk prices...
and I do a weird record label http://tadpolerecords.blogspot.co.uk/

spud wrote:

ellis - did you pay no way for the tapes ? they owe me some money and it's turning into another hardcore holocaust / velted regnub pain in the arse... i'm no longer sending records without payment, my days of good faith are over.

I've paid yeah, they were a bit slow sending my last package out but I got it in the end so figured it was worth trying. How long have you been waiting for? Brandon is usually really quick getting back to me.

However, I think my Going Underground package is probably not coming...

where will be the best places to get the ltp lp and no comment 7"s

any distros in the uk getting them in?

really need all those records, the low threat profile 7" was so good

downloaded the new Rival Mob ep the other day. It's fucking awesome. Just my cup of tea. Will definitely be picking this one up when/if it makes it's way over here.

jackanory wrote:

blitz hardcore will probably get them.

Magma_Times wrote:

downloaded the new Rival Mob ep the other day. It's fucking awesome. Just my cup of tea. Will definitely be picking this one up when/if it makes it's way over here.

I've not heard that yet, Raw Life is great though. Still need to upload my videos of them playing at cit.

ChrisA wrote:
jackanory wrote:

blitz hardcore will probably get them.

thanks mate. i'll order them from the us/europe if needs be, but that'd be a better option.

on the subject of the new rival mob ep, i think its a definite step up from 'raw life' which was pretty brilliant anyway.

Anyone got any more info on this lot? An american mate sent me some mp3s, bloody good stuff. The guitar reminds me of Slip It In in places. I recognise the singer's voice from somewhere else too.

It's the Cut The Shit singer (I told you that already!)

p.s. I haven't listened to em yet, will later on

New record I'm excited about: the PARASITE 10"

Oh aye, I'm an idiot. Anyway, dead good.

CONFINES e.p is good

I also can't wait for the Parasite 10" - they record in jan now so it'll be out feb/march next year i'm guessing

really like the crazy spirit,dawn of humans and sunshine ss 7"s.

bloody hammer demo is awesome & so is the skrapyard one.Btw. i'll do a euro press of the skrapyard demo tape on my new label ;-)

also like the Opt Out,Weird Tv & Green Beret demo tapes.

the boston strangler stuff sounds fucking rad...is someone in the uk getting their stuff in? o r has it already for that matter? cheers!

...tis all in peeces, all cohaerence gone...

Nice to see people picking up on some cool bands like Crazy Spirit and Dawn of Humans. I though the Crazy Spirit demo was only hinting at what the band is capable of whilst the ep really delivers the goods and is outstanding,  also the nicest looking 7" I have seen in a long time. Eugene from Crazy Spirit/Dawn of Humans also plays in a band called Perdition, who are really cool and have two ep's and a cassette out, all worth picking up. He also writes a fanzine called Dirge. Dawn of Humans is all about ripped penis, glue, nudity, chains, booze and insanity.

Low Threat Profile Lp should be amazing.

People into No Comment/ Low Threat Profile should check out Toecutter from Leicester, split ep just released.

Noise Punk

RobxT wrote:

It's the Cut The Shit singer (I told you that already!)

some more info here:

CONFINES - Withdrawn 7"

Four tracks of raw, degenerate hardcore that seethes with frustration and disaffection. Combining noise and thought, Confines’ songwriting is an unrelenting, full-throated scream of defiance. The band consists of names likely to be familiar to fans of Boston hardcore, including members of Failures, Brain Killer, Social Circkle, Blank Stare, and Cut the Shit. (Labor Of Love #2.5)

mrwanky wrote:

Dawn of Humans is all about ripped penis, glue, nudity, chains, booze and insanity.

mark, do these guys have any releases out ?

spud wrote:
mrwanky wrote:

Dawn of Humans is all about ripped penis, glue, nudity, chains, booze and insanity.

mark, do these guys have any releases out ?

Yes two ep's and a tape, but the tape is the same songs/recordings as the ep's.

Noise Punk