Topic: FREE Hostage Calm (USA) - Run for Cover Records Sampler

Hey, since Hostage Calm will be touring the UK and Europe w/Basement (UK) and Daylight (USA) in March, we sent 1000 burned samplers with 3 FREE songs to be handed out during the Tigers Jaw / End of a Year / Basement tour. If you got one, what did you think? If you didn't get one, below is a FREE DL link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7kk5ld1tw41c95w

Thoughts? Cheers from across the sea

Re: FREE Hostage Calm (USA) - Run for Cover Records Sampler

Heard this in my friends car. What happened to this band? The first LP was raging.

You don't remember me...........do you.

Still going strong. 1st LP (Lens) definitely raged, but this album (S/T) is definitely as driving/urgent, but in a more subtle and musical way. In the states, most people who liked Lens got really into the newer album, and prefer it--so check it out and give it a few spins and tell me what you think

Anyone else pick this up?

4 (edited by Sam K 13-01-2011 00:05:00)

Nah I thought the 3 song sampler was pretty bad and they sound like a totally new band. So I don't want to pick up the new album.

You don't remember me...........do you.

5 (edited by Kenny 13-01-2011 00:43:04)

I listened to the songs on their myspace because I wanted to put on Daylight but they were so bad it put me off the whole tour.

i was given the new album to review for the site. was really confused and thought it might be a different band because i remembered hostage calm to be a not-great-but-kind-of-okay melodic hardcore sorta thing. definitely do not really feel them with the uh... new direction they took. i think i likened it to fall out boy playing the sex and the city theme tune.

Pseudo Colonial Pineapple Tour, 2011

Haha. I can't immediately think of said theme tune but it sounds pretty apt.