Re: whats all this??

Best bit is how they had to edit a song (at the advice of their lawyers) 'cause they were scared of being sued!

Actually thats probably not the best bit, but I found it entertaining.

Do you ever feel on the outside of the current ‘indie’ music trends and scenes?

DD: The punk and hardcore labels are more 'indie' then any of the fucking 'indie' labels out there; they aren't being bankrolled by some massive label in the background.

CEP: I mean we like Orange Juice and bands like that but at the moment. But professional indie bands like Kings of Leon? Nah.

FLATS are supporting Morrissey on his upcoming tour

Pseudo Colonial Pineapple Tour, 2011

what is this i don't even....

'what did you think of that?'
'loved it! was great, cool, really down with the kids'
'do you remember what they were called?'
'ummmm....'

where do these people come from?

skit-döds revenge

ewan wrote:

i'd say what's more "offensive" is folk getting their knickers in a twist over this.

I dont think anyone's getting really riled up over it.. It certainly doesn't call for one of those bullshit discussions about the 'true meaning of punk' that seem to go on forever and never reaches a proper conclusion. I think it's fucking hilarious that 4 young men can go from their trendy bar jobs to acting like they're the authority on a style of music that has existed in various forms for 30+ years prior to their formation. Would be akin to me taking up the saxophone for 2 weeks then claiming to be the 'only real jazz musician on the planet right now'

skit-döds revenge

Having a go at Paul Weller? They don't care who they upset, do they? Kerazzee

www.crushingdeath.com - gigs in Cambridge

~~ 2nd Jul - 75 Dollar Bill ~~
~~ 26th July - Woven Skull ~~

Also the singers dad is Alan McGee. He should of listened to Ride more and never gone near a microphone.

for a moderating effect read this (intrigued by the links here so had to google the band hahaha) http://thequietus.com/articles/05905-flats-interview

but even so i still find all the shit statements like "They are hugely knowledgeable about the UK and American punk scenes both past and present" fucking incredibly hilarious.

Or the fact that journos as well as the band themselves reference CRASS all the time. As if the band even sound anything close to CRASS.

that song "never again" which is on youtube is absolutely pisspoor, even as a pop song

next.

maybe they read the C.

Fingers crossed

Michael wrote:

Also the singers dad is Alan McGee. He should of listened to Ride more and never gone near a microphone.

It's better than Biff Bang Pow.

I'm not into that.

it's both punk and Sabbathy

Michael wrote:

Also the singers dad is Alan McGee.

ahhhhhh....
http://energy.pulse.de/dosen/dpics/tabclear.jpg

"Rat trap/Rat trap/I hope you all fuckin’ die!” goes Devine’s petulant vocal hook."

Yeah, shit band. Fuck Alan McGee too.

Andy Malcolm wrote:

maybe they read the C.

i hope so, it's not as much fun to make fun of holy roar as it used to be and the total abuse/mike persil escapades happened much too long ago to be of any entertainment any more.

Pseudo Colonial Pineapple Tour, 2011

Pags wrote:
Andy Malcolm wrote:

maybe they read the C.

i hope so, it's not as much fun to make fun of holy roar as it used to be and the total abuse/mike persil escapades happened much too long ago to be of any entertainment any more.

Persils still about and touring. Gig in my town on sunday.

maybe the online "make fun out of the band flats" is going on elsewhere but we don't know about it? shiiit

43 (edited by bry 18-04-2011 13:17:08)

i think this deserves a link for sure:

http://louderthanwar.com/blogs/flats-ar … ng-them-on

speaks for itself, so mental. having given them their second gig, all i will say is that you'd think the 'only real punk band in the world' who are 'deep' into uk anarcho would know that squats dont have guestlists..

if you love rudi peni, why, despite there being hundreds of US bands currently aping that style, when asked about current favourites, would one reply..

‘Punk carried on in America but it became sanitised and shit. American punk is now skate punk and pop punk- it’s fucking drivel but there are still great bands over there. I stumbled across this amazing New York band called Terror- they are genius. Their video is like a hip hop video with girls in bikinis on their laps and gold chains with massive arms and tattoos and looks like a hip hop video with this insane music behind it. In the UK there is this great band called Grazes from Sheffield.’

Terror, yes that terror, and Grazes who, so i hear, describe themselves as 'hardcore shoegaze'

Hardcore Shoegaze, this I have lol at. To the googlecopter

Ha, I know about this lot. Can't believe John Robb wrote that. Sucker!

TRUST FUND AND CRACK COCAINE

I can believe John Robb wrote that - he's a wally.

www.crushingdeath.com - gigs in Cambridge

~~ 2nd Jul - 75 Dollar Bill ~~
~~ 26th July - Woven Skull ~~

why can't you believe it? john robb's raison d'etre is shitty punk

Aye, fair comment, still have a soft spot for the Membranes though I guess.

clearly lacks any credibility as they named dropped 31g instead of gravity. fakers.

This is quite a creepy place isn't it.
My guess is that you are old men, you sound like and you are all a bit scared so you hide behind pseudonyms. Flats make you feel old don't they? that's why I love them. They rub your stupid, holier than thou chubby faces into the dirt. They make you look as irrelevant as you really are. Face it, you are a tiny knitting circle of creepy weirdoes who sit around on your own on your laptops snickering away instead of going out, you don't even like music- it's just a prop to sneer along with.
One day one of you may even get a shag, but those bulbous teletubbie figures and balding heads are not going to help are they!
You only like bands whose members look like you and you never listen to their records.
And you don't even dare put your name to your opinions- how weak is that? - it hardly makes you 'punk' or 'hardcore' does it! what's hardcore about bitching on a forum without even owning up to it? that's just weak and insipid. Punk was about standing up for yourself and saying what you believed in and none of you spineless weaklings dare to do that.