Topic: Obscene Baby Auction online (That Fing Tank, Bilge Pump, Humanfly etc)

Hi all,

I've spent the last week archiving the activity of Obscene Baby Auction from 2000 - 2007 on a new website: www.obscenebabyauction.co.uk

It contains a list of the gigs, some flyers, an account of what and why we did what we did, but perhaps most of interest will be the digitised versions of the out of print records we released for FREE DOWNLOAD including tracks and records by

That Fucking Tank
Bilge Pump
Kill Yourself
J*R
Humanfly
This Aint Vegas
Lords
The Unit Ama
The Wow
Soeza
Grabba Grabba Tape

and loads of others.

I'll be continuing to update it with more photos, posters and record rips as I get chance and as they come in. If any of you have old photos, flyers - or if some kind soul fancies lending me their copy of the Brown Owl/Bilge Pump split as I don't have a copy - then please get in touch.

Also any feedback, corrections or ideas for improvements welcome.

Re: Obscene Baby Auction online (That Fing Tank, Bilge Pump, Humanfly etc)

Nice. I stupidly sold my copy of Brand New Gay Scene. This helps.

I have a copy of that Brown Owl/Bilge Pump split, if you want to borrow mine?  Did Brown Owl ever release anything else?

That 10" comp you did got such heavy play in my house for a long time after it came out.

DIY minded recording in Leeds: www.suburbanhome.co.uk

4 (edited by AlexN 25-08-2010 09:59:46)

Yeah actually if anyone has a copy of that 10" they don't want anymore, i'll buy/trade for it back.

brown owl have some live recordings on their myspace which are pretty decent; http://www.myspace.com/brownowlband. i talked to nash the other night about whether they had any extra stuff and he said they have a whole album that's never been mixed/finished. i reckon i should be able to get a copy of the brown owl bilge split off james but if you can easily transfer it to mp3 and fancy emailing it to me that'd be amazing. i'll get round to it at some point myself though!

great that you liked the comp; listening back to it recently was an odd experience. i'm a bigger fan of the second comp we did (Old Baby Sex Scene) of which we still have some copies left!

AlexN wrote:

Yeah actually if anyone has a copy of that 10" they don't want anymore, i'll buy/trade for it back.

I have a spare.....

7 (edited by Ant 25-08-2010 16:51:43)

Nice website, will be re-listening to a few of these records this evening. Haven't really listened to some of these bands since the days of Lee/Sarah/Jo putting them on all the time in Manchester.

Are there any photos from the Manchester Kill Yourself / J*R basement gig? I have quite a few myself somewhere.... it holds the honour of being Albert Road house gig #1 of many over the following five years.

Chris Cooter wrote:
AlexN wrote:

I have a spare.....

I can almost guarantee i'll have no records you'll be remotely interested in but i'd happily give you money....

AlexN wrote:

if you fall through with chris, let me know dude. i have a copy id trade.

"Have you paid your due's Jack?".........."Yes Sir, Cheque is in the mail"

now with added LOT 009: That Fucking Tank's debut album 'The Day of Death by Bono Adrenalin Shock'

This is all fucking great.

Will never tire of Kill Yourself.

now with added Lot 005: Brown Owl/Bilge Pump split 7_inch.

now updated with lots of goodies and baddies including updated flyer gallery/past gigs list, updated 'history', a short piece of writing 'On 'DIY'' and a digital section of unreleased material including

The Kill Yourself album that never say the light of day

The Real Fucky Fucky demo (pre Kill Yourself band)

lots of other crap. Enjoy!

http://www.obscenebabyauction.co.uk/

Some very happy memories here. What's Giles up to these days?

I often mistake Neil Diamond for some okra

he's in Rotterdam doing an art course but will be back in UK after Summer. Maybe we can do some kind of puke-inducing ATP style KY reunion retro-fest?

Yes please!

DIY minded recording in Leeds: www.suburbanhome.co.uk

andyabbott wrote:

he's in Rotterdam doing an art course but will be back in UK after Summer. Maybe we can do some kind of puke-inducing ATP style KY reunion retro-fest?

Ha! What's better than now? THEN of course! Roll up, roll up, roll up...