Re: Noise Rock

I reckon so, yeah. I mean there's the whole Bastard Noise thing for starters, but also like Iron Lung reference it. Some of their slower bits sound a little bit Swans to these ears.
I don't think the approach is all that different, necessarily.

But then you get into how rubbish a term Noise Rock is and how Power Violence was all a joke and if you're not at the start of HSMP then you aint pv and yadda yadda yadda.

But I guess the answer is yes.

S'alright, I'm not worried about what the elitists have to say.
Gonna see what happens in the next months, i'll let you know how horrible and noisey I can get a band to sound...

Some bands that I believe are termed noise rock (and are good)

Unsane
Anything on Amphetamine Reptile
Pissed Jeans
Lightning Bolt

brainbombs

right, anything noisy and rock is usually good. that's a fact
this pointless genre name gets split into two things. the am rep style or the more arty thing. both are great becauce they are not boring shit.
buy the scampi 10" from duane at info@forcefedrecords.co.uk because no one else will
mix powerviolence with anything. mix anything with anything. make your own sound so this whole noise rock thing will fuck off! start your own standards so you don't have to follow anyone else's. LOUD. NOISEY. INDIVIDUAL.

I'll post a video of our endeavours tonight, it will be dirty

DRUNK IN HELL
DRUNK IN HELL
DRUNK IN HELL
DRUNK IN HELL
DRUNK IN HELL
DRUNK IN HELL
DIET PILLS
that cousin scampi split 10 inch is good
everyone should buy one

they're on there somewhere
'sloth tamer I' + 'sloth tamer II'

http://powernegi.tumblr.com/

dietpills wrote:

right, anything noisy and rock is usually good. that's a fact
this pointless genre name gets split into two things. the am rep style or the more arty thing. both are great becauce they are not boring shit.
buy the scampi 10" from duane at info@forcefedrecords.co.uk because no one else will
mix powerviolence with anything. mix anything with anything. make your own sound so this whole noise rock thing will fuck off! start your own standards so you don't have to follow anyone else's. LOUD. NOISEY. INDIVIDUAL.

WELL SAID THAT MAN

DRUNK IN HELL!
wolf eyes
divorce!!

umm

lightning bolt - hell, any load band really.

more noise. always.

No-one mentoined the Butthole Surfers!? The first four full-lengths are worth their weight in gold in fucked up pottymouthed noise! (:

Ultimate thrush!!!

I'm actually in love with Divorce. They're about 6 times better live as well. Ultimate Thrush are cool too, we're friends with their drummer.

And yeah, Butthole Surfers are one of the greats.

More people need to check out Mars and DNA. They were doing wacked out shit back in 78 that pushes a lot more boundaries than what we call Noise Rock today.

old time relijun, just been a good find

yeah, divorce are well good live. Played with them up in Glasgow. One of the best bands I've seen all year.

More Divorce love!

bumping this for some new stuff that's awesome.

THROAT from Finland

also, you need to listen HEBOSAGIL. also from Finland. http://soundcloud.com/hebosagil/hebosagil-ovet-auki

Do folk prefer current lineup of Divorce or Divorce w/ Sinead & Hilary? The latter for me. Ultimate Thrush turned into an absolutely excellent band.

See here: http://winningspermparty.com/videos/ult … gow-210111

did we do Crust yet?

oh, and Superconductor had their moments

Grady wrote:

did we do Crust yet?

This!

Most early Trance, Am Rep before they went limp in the late 90's, other things already mentioned, definitely this...

Band: www.tideoffuckingiron.blogspot.com
Label/Northeast music archive of sorts: www.shybairns.blogspot.com

side project of Dave Curan, Unsane/Pigs.

I love this more than you.

Band: www.tideoffuckingiron.blogspot.com
Label/Northeast music archive of sorts: www.shybairns.blogspot.com

Tile are the absolute kings right now.

Den and Brown Angel are also pretty good.

50 (edited by babyflorist 30-06-2011 12:37:44)

All the great bands I was going to say have been mentioned!

Pre, Yowie, Divorce, Arab on Radar, Harry Pussy are all favourites of mine... uhmm let me think if I can think of anything not mentioned! (unless I missed it) Gropetown, Klaus Kinski, No Babies, Yona-kit, errr, Massacre come to mind.