Topic: Reformation thread

So who's reformed recently? Or perhaps it would be easier to ask who hasn't?

Looks like Kepone just have, had no idea but I'm cool with that! Woefully underrated in their time, looks like they still got it.

Re: Reformation thread

Wet Wet Wet are back.
Woo and if you will excuse a moment of indulgence, Hoo.

3 (edited by Kunal 28-03-2012 01:10:16)

At The Drive In
Sleep
Coalesce
Jesus Lizard
Refused
Die Kreuzen
Godflesh
pg.99
Floor
Swans
Doom
Kyuss
Brutal Truth
Nasum
Thorr's Hammer

any more?

Portraits of Past shunted out that stool sample of a record and I've not been able to listen to the original since.

feedtime are playing shows in the states.
grong grong are playing shows in oz.
on the other hand the last member of the original X has called it quits.

OWLS have just reformed apparently

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/Luther46c.jpg/220px-Luther46c.jpg

That's right folks he is back with a newly remastered and digitally restored version of the Ninety Five Theses. Tour kicks off next month in Wittenberg. I heard Zwingli comes out and they duet on Rock For Light

Unbelievable. And very brave.

chaz wrote:

TBH if they do a new album I'm sure it will be brilliant as the last JOA which basically sounded a lot like Owls was their best in about a decade

THE MAKE-UP (for ATP only?)
Universal Order of Armageddon (?)

Yorkie wrote:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/Luther46c.jpg/220px-Luther46c.jpg

That's right folks he is back with a newly remastered and digitally restored version of the Ninety Five Theses. Tour kicks off next month in Wittenberg. I heard Zwingli comes out and they duet on Rock For Light

He used to eat a spoonful of his own poo every day.

He said that he "couldn’t understand the generosity of a God who freely gave such important and useful remedies".

I saw Feedtime in San Francisco and they were completely excellent. It was always old man music, in a sense, so now they really are old men, it's still great.

I'm not into that.

Kunal wrote:

So who's reformed recently? Or perhaps it would be easier to ask who hasn't?

Looks like Kepone just have, had no idea but I'm cool with that! Woefully underrated in their time, looks like they still got it.

I still love the 295 and the 1st lp.

Being bilingual ain't all its cracked up to be when you speak fluent bullshit in either language.

glad this thread isn't just all Holidays In The Sun Fest based...

you still bore me...

The Kepone thing might have been a tribute gig for the guy from GWAR who died.

i thought that portraits of past record was great. don't listen to them that often anymore, but it just feels like an extension of the LP to me. go figure. i managed to catch sleepytime trio last year in florida when loads of people thought it was going to be a lawrence arms secret show (oof) and they were really great.

FLOOR is the one i'm dying to see, even if it's in alexandra palace. they keep doing random small east coast shows every couple of months which is making potentially having to see them in an enormovenue a bit gutting.

the pop lp was like the worst funeral diner lp ever and in no way worthy of even being born.

Floor will be cool, Afghan Whigs will be even better.

Promise ring

Kingmob wrote:

Portraits of Past shunted out that stool sample of a record and I've not been able to listen to the original since.

I've managed to never hear the new one and i am completely fine with that ad the LP remains pretty much perfect to me. Mind you, i would have gone and seen them if i hadn't have been really poor and across oceans.

Hum
Big'n

Kunal wrote:

Hum

really??

Pseudo Colonial Pineapple Tour, 2011

They did a NYE gig a couple years ago:

and they played this year's Fun Fun Fun Fest:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-L_dqJSqsLT4/Tq-PIlqz53I/AAAAAAAAUyY/FOOG0fLc5JM/s1600/jay%2Bryan%2Bhum%2Bposter.jpg

Added: 29-03-2012 10:36:55

Molly McGuire

Joe C wrote:
chaz wrote:

TBH if they do a new album I'm sure it will be brilliant as the last JOA which basically sounded a lot like Owls was their best in about a decade

They're doing an album.

DIY minded recording in Leeds: www.suburbanhome.co.uk

tragedy's show in oakland in april is supported by talk is poison, so i guess that means they're playing shows again. wouldn't really count it as a reformation as they did that EP not too long ago, though.

Nasum
Bloke from Converge is joining in for a song or two on their reunion tour. Meh.
http://www.metalinjection.net/tour-date … r-one-show

Kunal wrote:

Nasum
Bloke from Converge is joining in for a song or two on their reunion tour. Meh.
http://www.metalinjection.net/tour-date … r-one-show

I was just thinking "well, everyone in Converge is quite talented except the singer".

Then I clicked the link...