Re: Duster

Been checking out more Static Cult bands recently, does anyone have any favourites? The Scarecrow Frequency are really good judging by my first listen of their second album.

helvetia are good.

helvetia are beyond good

I am investigating Static Cult bands in more detail now, gonna definitely get some of their records, it doesn't seem like they have anyone in the UK really stocking what they put out? Seriously an amazing label, guess everyone reading this thread already knows this already.

The Butter Up Band's album 'Giant CHemical' is excellent - free to download too - http://www.thestaticcultlabel.com/releases/?r=tscl021 - such beautiful simplistic ambience, I could listen to it all day.

I did a review for The Scarecrow Frequency's recent digital release the other day, which is free to download too - http://www.thestaticcultlabel.com/releases/?r=tscl030

Duster are still the best though. Fuck I need to get their vinyl.

Here is an official collection of Duster rarities - imagine being so good that these were your leftover songs that never made the cut.

http://www.stereobird.com/x/Duster_Rarities.zip

oooh i'm excited to download those tonight! smile

This live Duster song is so good -

Does anyone have Stratosphere on vinyl that they'd be willing to sell? This is the only Duster record I don't have and I need it!

doesn't uprecords have it for sale anymore? i got mine there..

is the new helvetia record good?

Nah man it's oop from there, cheers for trying to help though!

Where did you get t'others from dude? Discogs? I think I might have mentioned I tried buying them from Up but the postage was stonking so I didn't bother.

Retention colours are the only true colours.

Yeh I bought them from Up. I should have got some for you too but I was already buying some for James and I just wanted to get it sorted. Plus combined postage wouldn't have really saved much. The postage isn't cheap but the records are only $6 and $8 so I say just get on and do it when you have a bit of money - one of the best valued items on Earth!

Troof. Maybe in a couple of paydays time!

Retention colours are the only true colours.

I have have copies of the Parton Kooper Planetarium LP if anyone is interested. More info here http://partonkooperplanetarium.tumblr.com/ and I wrote a review of it on this site.

Oli wrote:

I have have copies of the Parton Kooper Planetarium LP if anyone is interested. More info here http://partonkooperplanetarium.tumblr.com/ and I wrote a review of it on this site.

just downloaded this a couple of weeks ago, it's pretty awesome! I have to save a bit of money right now, but if you still have them in a month or so, i'll definitely get one! Love the new (est) helvetia record as well! same for their new b -sides stuff.

Nice one, have you listened to The Scarecrow Frequency or Red Dunes too? Give me a shout when you have money if you are still interested - I'll prob still have copies!

ok, nice smile should be in a couple of weeks, i had to buy a bit too much records lately tongue
i like the scarecrow frequency and red dunes a lot as well smile the only thing that really comes close to duster for me is helvetia though.. and maybe the valium aggelein stuff.

first time I've heard em, Travelogue is so beautiful

You been living under a rock or something? ;-) Check out everything they've done, all post Duster bands, and all other stuff on The Static Cult! There's plenty of great music, though Duster does top it all.

I only listen to grime!

I am gonna stick some Duster on ma phone for long train journeys.

been on a total duster binge recently

don't suppose anyone is willing to part with the two lps?

I discovered Duster sometime around 2009-ish via last.fm; the first song of theirs which I heard was “Capsule Losing Contact”, which became an instant favorite of mine.

Unfortunately, I never really ventured into the whole ‘slowcore’ thing further than listening to a number of Duster’s songs. But as of recently (perhaps it was only this week?), I have found myself looking into this style of music with an increased vigor. The contemplative and at times lethargic guitar-bass-drums combination is immensely relaxing. I find myself thinking of empty, lonely Victorian houses on rainy days whenever I listen to Duster, or any of these groups.

It is amazing to me that while Ke$ha, Justin Beiber and others enjoy widespread popularity in the US, truly considered art such as this settles into obscurity. How sad.

At least there are a few dedicated fans left to steep in these contemplative dirges of minimal rock-drone.

I think I’m one of them, now.

Keep going, Duster are the best but there's lots of cool related stuff. The Static Cult label has been mentioned numerous times in this thread. There's loads of other slowcore too (see a separate thread for help with that), what else have you been getting into?

justin bieber actually did a pretty good slowcore album with red house painters

Pseudo Colonial Pineapple Tour, 2011