Topic: Sore Eyelids

Anyone else heard this band before? Members of Suis La Lune with the same dreamy guitars but used to different effect, if you like The Pine then you're bound to like this, they even named themselves after my personal favourite Pine song.

http://soreeyelids.bandcamp.com/album/sore-eyelids

Re: Sore Eyelids

Haven't checked their album yet. I really liked the demo they released a couple of years ago.

No one would dare believe me, but I know where Venus lives

Doesn't sound much like the Pine to me at all Greenballs, I do like it thought

Don't call me that on the internet please, the C-Zine elite corps will make fun of me.

I AM the C-Zine elite corps?

first song has post rock guitar effects. don't think i can trust this.

It's pretty good, no it doesn't sound vintage or old or references music only people over 35 like, but it's enjoyable!

why did you compare it to the hated then? big_smile

Listened to it today and was a bit disappointed. The songs on the cassette sounded way better and were more 'the pine-like'.

No one would dare believe me, but I know where Venus lives

I think the cassette songs are better but I certainly think this holds up as an album, thoroughly enjoy how good the guitar playing is too!

Greenie. wrote:

I think the cassette songs are better but I certainly think this holds up as an album, thoroughly enjoy how good the guitar playing is too!

That guy from suis la lune is sick at guitar.

You don't remember me...........do you.

Really enjoying the LP. It totally has Hated/Pine/Evergreen influences but whatevs.

It's more shogeazing that the Pine and less dark, which I like, reminds me of Pale Saints and Lush a bit!

that's pretty much a dream band for me but i really can't get past a few things with their sound. the bass is really nice as is the shoegaze element, but otherwise it's a bit twiddly in places. and i am really not into the vocals.

ah, finally found a bit in a song that does sound a bit like the hated smile

Andy Malcolm wrote:

that's pretty much a dream band for me but i really can't get past a few things with their sound. the bass is really nice as is the shoegaze element, but otherwise it's a bit twiddly. and i am really not into the vocals.

ah, finally found a bit in a song that does sound a bit like the hated smile

hehe.

Yeah there is still a bit of a twiddle hangover, but I really like the stop starty bendy drunk guitar bits, very early Shoegaze sounding.

it's growing on me. i can see what they are doing. but i think i'd rather listen to beach fossils.

really liked the demo. haven't checked the album yet but heard it was a lot cleaner? would be a shame as the fuzz kinda makes it.