Topic: has anyone here ever opened a rehearsal space?

its an idea i'm thinking about. i would obviously need to find a way to raise funds so i am currently writing up a plan. does anyone here have any experience and advice? i'm sick of working for scumbags in sales and need to work for myself. i want to create an ethically sound space and heavily promote creativity to younger people.

any advice would be handy.

Thanks

this songs on the house,and this ones for you, i don't like the way you're treating me, I WANNA FIGHT.

Re: has anyone here ever opened a rehearsal space?

Stuck On A Name lads could help here

1. learn how to build really really really fucking stud walls
2. get used to being in the cold

wink

Don't have valve amps!!!

Don't offer 'regular slots'.

Take one for the team;

Cool kids know what I mean.

Build it in Essex and hold gigs there.

Punks never grow old, they just stagedive a bit more carefully.

mattheww wrote:

Don't have valve amps!!!

Definitely second this.  Most of the rooms in Brighton have them and they are constantly breaking down.

In fact.  Unless you know how to repair every aspect of a practice room you are never going to break even.

Make sure you sell guitar strings, drum sticks, snacks, rolling papers, ear plugs etc.  it's really annoying when places don't and you can make a small fortune on them.

Yeah selling accessories would be priority number 1. im not really one for repairing electricals though. Id probably need to partner up with someone if i was going to do it. Would be most likely manchester maybe leeds

this songs on the house,and this ones for you, i don't like the way you're treating me, I WANNA FIGHT.