Topic: THISCLOSE require new bassist

Our current bassist is stepping down due to other commitments at the end of October.
We are not a very busy band but are looking for someone who is available to practice about once a month, do the odd gig and record. You don't need to be very talented but you do need a serious appreciation of Discharge puns, Pooch-era Discharge, the ability to tolerate "grave new world" style vocals and a love of Totalitar, GISM, Motorhead, Disclose and Poison Idea.
We practice in Glasgow (but live all over Scotland), so if that sounds good, you understand what I'm talking about above and you don't mind playing simple, deriative music, PM me.
Thanks.

Re: THISCLOSE require new bassist

After a complete lack of interest from anybody anywhere, I will be switching to bass after the Lotus Fucker gig. We also have a great replacement drummer waiting in the wings. So the tape will be out in October with a bit of luck (patches and shirts ordered already) and in the new year we should be doing some more gigs and releases.

Look forward to the tape - and the inevitable THISCLOSE (grave new) world domination.

i'd have been interested if i could travel that far... look forward to hearing some stuff, totalitar and motorhead are my 2 favourite bands in the whole world

Keep On Mangelin'

The bass vacancy has arisen again. you need to be able to travel about for gigs in may, june, september and october and have a keen understanding of the music of discharge.