Topic: Crucial Youth

For some reason these came back to me the other day - a comedy h/c band, note perfect satire on the po-faced zen fascist straight edge scene. Anyone else remember them? Think their tagline was "be straight, bench a weight, don't be late, and please, please, don't masturbate". Genius.

That's about all I remember though. That and something about Mr T. Anybody know anything more - if they went on to do anything else / were a side project etc?

when did this circle pit thing start

Re: Crucial Youth

Me and Mr T
Be Kind, Rewind. An ode to rewind your hired videotapes prior to returning them.
Positive Dental Outlook

http://www.newredarchives.com/bands/crucialyouth/

http://www.newredarchives.com/bands/cru … /comix.htm

Legend. Cheers!

when did this circle pit thing start

Probably funny in the 80s, not now.

You don't remember me...........do you.

I used to have their LP. I think it was on Released Emotions and came with a pretty funny booklet. I was straight edge at the time (and I suppose I am nowadays) and found it  funny. Another pisstake of the XXX round about then was Grudge who I believe had Half Off members in them. Still got their 7".

best thing you can say is they were better than good clean fun

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first time
I never think about the last

xdamienx wrote:

Good Clean Fun are still going aren't they? shower of shite.

ewan wrote:
xdamienx wrote:

Good Clean Fun are still going aren't they? shower of shite.

First 7" is good though, but yeah pretty crap band.

You don't remember me...........do you.

As with most comedy bands the joke wore pretty thin very quickly.
Mind you, their Christmas single still gets a spin every yuletide- piss take covers of Iron Cross (Crucified For Your Sins= Christmas Time For The Skins) and S.O.D. (Sgt. D= Santa Claus is coming and you're on his list).

Fuck you I've got a Manowar shopping bag

Crucial Youth were funny, their first 7" is better than most 'serious' youth crew bands.
Yeah Grudge were half of Half Off - didn't find them as funny. The 7" was pressed on beer coloured vinyl, or piss coloured whatever way you want to look at it (plus loads of other colours). They were garb-edge. lol. Don't think they liked Judge too much.

I quite liked Good Clean Fun's 1st lp.

Straight Youth were the best of the fake straight edge bands.

For some reason I own two different Crucial Youth lp's. I don't recall ever thinking much of them either.

Please read and share oureoin.com ,thank you.