1 (edited by Gangland 26-01-2014 19:30:03)

Topic: Looking to do a hardcore punk band in the London to Brighton area

Basically, (and I've said this time and time again but come to no prevail) I really want to try get something going this year band wise. I'm based 40 mins outside South London, but down to travel up or down to wherever really.

Ideally looking to try knock something together on your standard mid 80s Boston style hardcore with your shades of x-claim stuff in there, but obviously with its own to self twist that sets apart.

I "think" I'm into the idea of doing vocals as I'm not to talented to when it comes else wise, but with some practice and stuff id probably be alright with doing bass. Want it to be sketchy sounding sorta thing as in the bass tone sounds like its been recorded on 10 peaking the whole way through ha. You know the kinda sound Urban Blight produced and stuff like that.
I'll further that to saying something that sounds along the lines of the current hardcore punk sound thats been coming out of Toronto over the past years.

As it stands its myself & possibly one other located just north of London, so maybe would work better if based more around so. But hes on playing bass as well & its still a little up in the air as it stands, so who knows. Treating it as just myself for the time.

Anyone possibly on doing this or have anything else wise they might think id be into / into the idea of having me on board?
I just wanna do a band god damn it ha.

Re: Looking to do a hardcore punk band in the London to Brighton area

Hello, im keen as hell to start something. Im living in Harrow at the moment.  Just moved here from australia iv got a bass

Re: Looking to do a hardcore punk band in the London to Brighton area

I'm REALLY keen to start something band-wise- I'm a singer, in case that role is still going....

Live in south-east London but happy to travel within London.