1 (edited by Lt_Nick 20-10-2013 10:18:12)

Topic: keyboard player sought in Bournemouth/Southampton/New Forest area

a new thing, involving myself and some friends (all of us have played in a number of bands), is - due to an internal repurposing of personnel - in need of someone to play keys.

we rehearse in a recording studio that one of us owns, so practicing/recording is easy pie. the studio is based New Forest way. two of us commute from Southampton. we get together most weeks.

you'd need not be particularly gifted, but we'd not be sad if you turn out to be handy.

we have kit you can use, but additional toys are always welcome.

here is a rough beastie that we recorded live. it's one of six-odd songs that we've got done already. we've not played out/released anything yet, so intend on doing both.

the chat is good and there's fresh coffee.

you can reply to this, or you can email me: nicksharp82 at googlemail dot co m

using gay to describe some novelty christmas cards is just so fucking ignorant

Re: keyboard player sought in Bournemouth/Southampton/New Forest area

i can play the dogtanian theme tune, the final countdown, oxygéne (couple of the versions), axel f, some pet shop boys tunes (including domino dancing) and probably the eastenders theme tune. and the birdie song. sadly i live too far away, making me as useless as these words.

I like music.

toby wrote:

i can play the dogtanian theme tune, the final countdown, oxygéne (couple of the versions), axel f, some pet shop boys tunes (including domino dancing) and probably the eastenders theme tune. and the birdie song. sadly i live too far away, making me as useless as these words.

perhaps, but you've kept this thread at the top of the pile, reminded me of how much delight i took in the Muskerhounds as a little chap, and - most importantly - reminded me that you're still in the world, and - presumably - remain very handsome with it.

cheers tobs smile

you are too kind my good fellow. i hope you are well (and surely still very becoming in the looks too).

I like music.

what a lovely thread smile

Andy Malcolm wrote:

what a lovely thread smile

yeah, no fuckin keyboardist though, is there?!

bumping this, and at pains to point out that by 'keyboardist' i mean 'someone capable of memorising and playing some fairly simple sequences of notes', in case the original choice of description was intimidating.

Did you ever find a keyboard player and are you still looking?