Topic: Bandcamp streaming question

Is it possible to set songs up to stream but not download using the standard Bandcamp options? Haven't been able to work it out. Looks to me like you can't do it without the Pro option but just wanted to confirm.

Re: Bandcamp streaming question

this is a bit of a grey area currently but if you had a bandcamp created before the new rules then yes, if it was created after the new rules then I think there is a way without having a pro account (but I am not 100% how....I will check someone who I know has got round it recently and feed back) otherwise as a temporary fix I guess you could just set it to buy now for an amount so high that no-one will pay for it haha

LYFDTW!Z wrote:

this is a bit of a grey area currently but if you had a bandcamp created before the new rules then yes, if it was created after the new rules then I think there is a way without having a pro account (but I am not 100% how....I will check someone who I know has got round it recently and feed back) otherwise as a temporary fix I guess you could just set it to buy now for an amount so high that no-one will pay for it haha

Sounds good - yeah, my fallback option is probably to set the downloads to a ridiculous amount.

Matt09H wrote:
LYFDTW!Z wrote:

Sounds good - yeah, my fallback option is probably to set the downloads to a ridiculous amount.

spoken to a couple of people and it turns out, as far as I/others are aware, you cannot set it to stream without a pro account :S they either begrudgingly set it for free or £666 to download haha

LYFDTW!Z wrote:

spoken to a couple of people and it turns out, as far as I/others are aware, you cannot set it to stream without a pro account :S they either begrudgingly set it for free or £666 to download haha

Thanks for looking into it. Looks like I'll be setting the download for a huge amount then on this one!

Matt09H wrote:
LYFDTW!Z wrote:

Thanks for looking into it. Looks like I'll be setting the download for a huge amount then on this one!

£666.....obviously \m/