Re: Let's get some new kids here and be good to em.

did anyone here used to be on the reuben forum?

strictly Kerrang Emo/Posthardcore here

Added: 06-01-2015 12:18:13

strictly Kerrang Emo/Posthardcore here

12 days hence already. My, how time flies.

I make ambient music as sauvez-moi.

welcome new peeps.

does this make me one of the 'old punx' now? christ. someone make me a mini disc with mohinder and city of caterpillar on it, stat. i need to feel young again.

when you going to move to brighton and get into records with black and white covers and bands featuring bald men wearing vests andy?

31 (edited by mirieth- 06-01-2015 13:51:55)

that's my final form. i need to start a noise side project first!

mirieth- wrote:

that's my final form. i need to start a noise side project first!

Noise isn't cool anymore. Uncool friendly nice people make it.

well, i'm definitely uncool so that's a start.

Bit late to the party (but at least i got here right?). I've come from facebook although i never posted anything, partly because it felt kind of intimidating there, but mostly because I had nothing to say.
My goal is to one day have something to tell people about, whatever it may be. In the mean time I'll just watch what other people are doing from a distance.

hey smile hope you find something you feel you want to join in on.

when is this gonna be fashionable enough again to sell all my records?  The past 17 years have all been a wicked facade mmwwwaaahahaha

"I believe that it is possible for a person to be able to do what they want, aim for what they want, without the fear of what those around them might say....whatever you might choose to do in your life, make sure you make that choice yourself"

missed the boat i reckon mate! we're doomed to obscurity from here.

drat, am banking on this ettil vyre lp made out of a tea towel to pay my mortgage off!

"I believe that it is possible for a person to be able to do what they want, aim for what they want, without the fear of what those around them might say....whatever you might choose to do in your life, make sure you make that choice yourself"

mortgage on a doll's house maybe

afternoon. i'm new here.

just curious as to how you all keep up with UK diy stuff? i've put a few gigs on over the years an' that but i'm not especially integrated with any particular scene because i live in a fairly remote place where the nearest point of musical civilization is london and it costs me a fair whack every time i go up there. facebook groups seem like a pretty good option to me but i can see that they often descend into a big mess of self-promotion.

goldblum wrote:

just curious as to how you all keep up with UK diy stuff? i've put a few gigs on over the years an' that but i'm not especially integrated with any particular scene because i live in a fairly remote place where the nearest point of musical civilization is london and it costs me a fair whack every time i go up there. facebook groups seem like a pretty good option to me but i can see that they often descend into a big mess of self-promotion.

Facebook's odd because then you end up mostly hearing about gigs through friends' invites? There's always the gig section here, and standing inside Power Lunches three times a week looking at their posters has become a recent hobby

Malicious Telecommunications (zines, gigs)
Pub Classics (punky podcast)
DIY Space for London (it's happening)

i've just re-registered. Hi all. I promise to start using this more often now.

New guy here, I was recommended these forums from Discogs. I Enjoy collecting Vinyl & Black T-shirts. I'm mostly into Punk, hardcore, crust, sludge, doom, powerviolence, Hip-hop but I am pretty open minded when it comes to music, Just wanted to say hello!

welcome aboard!

Morning,

Old casual poster, I couldn't resurrect my last profile. I think I signed up using my previous employers email thing.

Any way, I'm nearly 30 and I'm married. I'm a cat-dad, I sometimes put on shows or 'club-nights' and I would do anything for pizza.

Hi.

Yep.

welcome back smile

welcome!

Cheers! What did I miss in my 2 year absence? Have people fallen out about deafheaven not being true bm?

Is there a thread where people can just talk about their cats?

Yep.

not a lot, the board is getting quieter sadly.

here's an old thread where you can post about your cat smile

http://www.collective-zine.co.uk/cboard … hread.html

I remember how much I loved this forum when I was 16... which was more than 10 years ago now... hmm

Does anyone know how to find out about stuff going on in Edinburgh/Glasgow? Moving back to that area from out of the country next week.