Re: discogs seller punishment moaning thread

Had some surreal reverse punishment where someone ordered a KUOLEMA 7", i send an invoice, and then they leave me good feedback before I even mail the record to them. And they didn't pay. Weird

recent ebay one..

"please do not store records in plastic sleeves as it reacts with the vinyl and makes it unlistenable, this record is now useless"

was it a wpw record?

*rimshot*

Andy Malcolm wrote:

was it a wpw record?

*rimshot*

they are useless pre plastic

and

no one would buy one

so your joke dont work wink

no it does, because he thought the record would be good and he is blaming it being useless on it being stored in plastic, but actually he didn't realise it was useless already.

it's a complicated joke.

RobxT wrote:

- Someone sending me a Bob Marley record instead of the cheap Hendrix one I'd ordered.

dying at this

Andy Malcolm wrote:

no it does, because he thought the record would be good and he is blaming it being useless on it being stored in plastic, but actually he didn't realise it was useless already.

it's a complicated joke.

you're a complicated guy

Outer Limits Recordings - Foxy Baby (LP, Album, Ltd, Lip)
Media Condition: Near Mint (NM or M-)
Sleeve Condition: Near Mint (NM or M-)

Can you tell me a bit more about the LPs' condition, please?

the record and sleeve are both near mint

Thanks, just sent you the money.

big_smile

anyone got any experience of paypal 'e-cheques' not clearing?

Added: 12-07-2016 21:09:59

had an e-cheque not go through after 7 days and, after sending the records off, the guy is ignoring my request to repay...

cold beer in my mouth and tears in my eyes

RobxT wrote:
Stout wrote:

Can you remember his Discogs name Rob? I'll block him from buying off me.

Edit: found him but it might be an old name

barbanutria

That's the guy and the same ID. If you google him there's posts about him on a few forums. I'm sure he's got a new handle nowadays. Total scum.

a couple of years back I had facebook messages from Santiago Martinez telling me he'd bought a record off us (SL) and we hadn't sent it, absolutely no evidence and after I told him to fuck off after a couple of weeks of tedious messages I then got a message to Man Hands saying the same thing. Got to blam him which was pretty good.

Sky:Lark (Noisy Post-Hardcore) - http://skylark.bandcamp.com
Man Hands (Fastcore) - http://horsepartyrules.bandcamp.com

12xSweatersxRed wrote:

had an e-cheque not go through after 7 days and, after sending the records off, the guy is ignoring my request to repay...

fuck sad yeah never send an order paid for by e-cheque until they do clear, that's not gonna help now but you have no way of getting that money unless they manually pay it. you could file a complaint with discogs. what's their feedback like?

RobxT wrote:

- Someone sending me a Bob Marley record instead of the cheap Hendrix one I'd ordered.

Reminded me of my friend who worked at Music Zone telling me that he had to repeatedly stop the staff putting Miles Davis CDs in the urban section...

Andy Malcolm wrote:
12xSweatersxRed wrote:

fuck sad yeah never send an order paid for by e-cheque until they do clear, that's not gonna help now but you have no way of getting that money unless they manually pay it. you could file a complaint with discogs. what's their feedback like?

He is in a SNCL affiliated band...

cold beer in my mouth and tears in my eyes

ah. send me the details in an fb or google message. i will contact them if i know them or will ask someone who does.

I bought the fugazi sub pop 7" off an Italian dude and it was listed as mint. When it turned up the cover was crumpled (nothing to do with the packing, it look liked it had been for ages). When I complained he said it was mint when he sent it. Then the cheeky twat gave me negative feedback for complaining about it.
Apart from that, I've been lucky with buying and selling on there.

Don't you ever try to rock my house-I'm a real cool cat Y' know what I'm sayin' Micky Mouse.

Tedious discogs technicalities gripe:

guy in Australia buys a £15 7", then says "oh, I have an old address on Paypal, can you send to [new address 1]": the Discogs-listed address looks similar at a glance to [new address 1] so I say sure, but on writing it out on the package I realise it is different - "road" instead of "street": check my T&Cs properly since I now have 3 possible addresses and realise: I should only ever send to the Paypal address if I want any protection beyond leaving negative feedback.

I ask the seller [feedback rating of 100% on 2 transactions] if they're ok with me refunding, so then they can change their reg'd Paypal address and redo transaction. No reply. Reminder. No reply. Hmmm. Sketchiness intensifies. Perhaps time to refund and block

Props to the guy who offered me 50p for a State of the Nation LP that I was selling for 75p.

not that many of them have had a bat.

i have offers turned off. might have to turn them on for the lols.

I woke up the the below message, from a guy in the US to whom I sold an LP two weeks ago.

Buyer  wrote:

Hi,

I suppose this neatly falls into the category of mind-your-own-business, but being relatively new to discogs, I am curious. I've bought a number of items from an almost equal number of different vendors. Most transactions have been flawless and the few hiccups have been ironed out equitably. At the end I leave feedback, to date all positive, occasionally effusive. I have asked for and received some form of feedback from all but a very few in return. From you, I didn't. That is your prerogative but I notice that I am not alone in this; you seem to have given feedback to scant few of those who have bought from you. Yet these same people have given you glowing reviews. Since the reviews help us, in part, decide who to do business with I wonder what is your thinking for not leaving any indication of how it went? It does seem at odds with at least my own sense of what the spirit of the "discogs community" pretends to embody.

Please understand that I am happy with our transaction and with the product and service I received from you. That said, do be aware that if I had an apples to apples comparison of vendors to choose from, it would probably tip the scale the next time around.

As I said, I'm just curious. Feel free to respond to or ignore this message.

Leo

I think the guy has too much time on his hands.

not that many of them have had a bat.

someone the other day decided the record I bought off them wasnt in the NM condition they had described and decided to post it before sending an invoice, and just have me decide what I felt was a fair price. surreal.

Added: 27-11-2016 15:19:53

constant wrote:

someone the other day decided the record I bought off them wasnt in the NM condition they had described and decided to post it before sending an invoice, and just have me decide what I felt was a fair price. surreal.

lots of decisions in this post.

Joe C wrote:

recent ebay one..

"please do not store records in plastic sleeves as it reacts with the vinyl and makes it unlistenable, this record is now useless"

Anybody heard about CANCER VINYL?

Recent moans:

American buyer purchases moderately expensive LP for which my terms state a price for sending tracked. I invoice. They pay. Then instantly send me a message saying "I misread and didn't realise it was so expensive please refund." Duh.

Buyer buys two CDs in separate transactions. I merge them and only charge postage for one CD since one of the CDs has skinny packaging. When received they tell me that the 99p CD is more of a VG than a VG+ and can I refund 50p of the price. Crowned with a somewhat passive aggressive email in which they say "oh, I'm sure you just got two CDs mixed up or something... Principles are important."

A UK buyer bought a record on Sunday, paid for it on Monday (evening), and just lodged a Paypal dispute because they hadn't received it (Thursday midday). PIECE OF SHIT. Thankfully I hadn't posted it yet (I had it with me at work to post today), so I cancelled the order and sent a refund, accompanied by a few expressions of my displeasure at their behaviour, naturally. It's not Amazon Prime you fucking PRICK.

eBay

I made a winning bid of £118 on a record. The seller is in France. I pay immediately. 10 days later, I have heard nothing nor have I received the record. I ask him to send confirmation of when the record was shipped. I hear nothing back. Two days later, I email again asking the same question. I hear nothing back. I begin the eBay complaint process stating that I've not received the record and I would like eBay to intervene and would like a refund if necessary. All of a sudden the seller sends a brief message just saying "tracking number is ########". Went on to the French postal service website and entered the tracking number.

It was posted today.

Sacre bleu!!!