Topic: recommend shit similar to sky by sorella

anyone know some bands that are slow chordal affairs similar to codeine sort of stuff. don't just throw a bunch of slowcore bands in my face as that's not what I'm after. I'm after the kind of stuff that sounds like it was recorded in a shed and is totally miserable. Quickly!

Re: recommend shit similar to sky by sorella

that one song by July from the jerome's dream split I think will nail what you are looking for.
try to find anything by the roman invasion suite, the siege of port theodora 7" is good too. They are also on this lonbow records comp.
The band old hearts club is worth looking for too, they have a song on the israfel comp and a 7" or two.

im down with oop -yeah you know me

3 (edited by sinker 01-07-2010 15:43:20)

daredevil
more slowcory but good: bluetile lounge*, forty nine hudson

i tried to find daredevil stuff but then internet reaped no reward.

Duster! Kinda...

Retention colours are the only true colours.

sky by sorella was one of the few 90s emo bands that i never ever got into. sure i owned that 7" at least 3 times. not sure if i still do.

Greenie. wrote:

i tried to find daredevil stuff but then internet reaped no reward.

heres daredevil

Does this have vocals? The stuff I heard before had no vocals? I know I could dl it and listen but I can't be bothered...!

nah no vox

was really disappointed when i heard it as i had been waiting ages to hear daredevil, and then it turned out to be some dull instrumental stuff.

Yeh people were going on about it then I listened and found that too. Some vocals would have potentially made it pretty cool.

Don't know if it's too obvious but "the for carnation" are quite good.

please give me daredevil mp3s