Topic: are beach slang our long-awaited saviors

or are they just another band destined to be the next big thing for a while and then scatter.

i like the eps, the mixtape and the lp and would like to know if others are into them as much as me.

i must have had a dream about you... cause i woke up in the worst of moods

Re: are beach slang our long-awaited saviors

i need to give the lp a go. first single was pretty solid but not checked anything since then.

Are they the next big thing? The LP's decent. I saw them at Fest last year. I'd go see them again.

Everything I've heard so far I've really enjoyed!

good article on them at http://www.stereogum.com/1840006/album- … -the-week/

justinius23 wrote:

good article on them at http://www.stereogum.com/1840006/album- … -the-week/

Good read!

I also just saw this live show where the singer played solo - seems like a genuinely top dude!

7 (edited by justinius23 30-10-2015 11:42:40)

crazy the singer was in weston.

edit: seriously these guys seem to be everywhere - another positive article at http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospect … rock-band/

edit 2: http://www.avclub.com/review/beach-slan … but-227212

let's hope they don't end up over-exposed.

I really like to two EPs I've heard. Like the fuzzy production and confessional lyrics. Catchy tunes too. Didn;t know there was an LP, I'll look for it

This made me feel really wicked - banging tunes lol

Must admit to never having heard of them until yesterday.

Have played the new album a few times and it's alright. Played it to my dad and he thinks they sound like The Killers. And now I can't get that comparison out of my head when I hear them.

Probably because in a slightly-tiny way they do.

Another band ruined, thanks dad...

no i can see where he's coming from. they remind me a little of gaslight anthem but don't actually sound like them. i put on the '59 sound for a mate and he couldn't get over the small killers-similarity.

justinius23 wrote:

no i can see where he's coming from. they remind me a little of gaslight anthem but don't actually sound like them. i put on the '59 sound for a mate and he couldn't get over the small killers-similarity.

In pretty much the same way they remind me of early Wildhearts.

really liked the eps and getting into the lp.  Only thing I can say is they are very samey but in a good way, the old "one song but it's a good song". 

Can't really see them exploding, and if they do someone will probably bring up the "retard" song by weston and beat them with it.

"I believe that it is possible for a person to be able to do what they want, aim for what they want, without the fear of what those around them might say....whatever you might choose to do in your life, make sure you make that choice yourself"

i reckon they could 'make' the london part scene by would rater talk about vintage amps and star wars stuff.

15 (edited by jimcore 11-11-2015 14:24:12)

toeknee wrote:

Can't really see them exploding, and if they do someone will probably bring up the "retard" song by weston and beat them with it.

Was thinking the same thing myself lol! Anyway so I've been really into Weston lately so gave these bastards a listen - kinda sounded like a stadium rock Lawrence Arms to me at first, but now I can see where The Gaslight Anthem comparison might come from. Maybe a little latter day Hold Steady in there, too. Real Springsteen vibez or whatever. Anyway I like it, though Weston are way better obvz.

EDIT - lyrics kinda reminding me of Jawbreaker, in the same way that The Hold Steady/Mountain Goats do.

Putting the chat amongst the pigeons.

took a while, but i'm pretty into the new album now. for me it's kind of like a mix between knapsack / jealous sound and jawbreaker. i never really listened to the replacements though. should i?

wallyofdoom wrote:

i never really listened to the replacements though. should i?

the back lash has started - http://dyingscene.com/news/beach-slang- … and-alive/

i think he means the Hubble

Didn't really get into these. Reminded me of Japandroids in that it sounds pretty good initially then you realise it all sounds the same and it starts sounding tired on repeated listens. Short shelf life.

settle down