Re: Built To Spill!

when I saw them in nottingham last year they played a few from perfect from now on, a couple from keep it like a secret and even some from there's nothing wrong with love. It was all good.

im not sure how he manages to sing and play guitar like that at the same time. amazing.

hmm, that sounds like it could actually be good... I was dubious last time since I thought the last two records (and his solo album) were a bit balls.

i thought his solo record was quite good

Im not a massive fan of the recent record, but the songs sounded good live I guess, especailly 'going against your mind' which is obviously an ace song. in fact I kinda agree - ancient melodies was underwhelming. again, though, they played 'strange plan' off of it, which is really good too. Never heard the solo record.

30 (edited by mrtn 29-05-2008 11:34:06)

good news! a trip to london or leeds will be needed. they were great at last year's ATP, played a good mix of stuff i think. the last album was a bit disappointing, though maybe just cos of that song with the reggae/ska bit.

UPDATE: so it's the Perfect From Now On tour eh? should be good.

Break Up Your Band

mattj wrote:

4/11/08 Koko London

5/11/08 Thekla Bristol

06/11/08 Zodiac Oxford

07/11/08 Brudenell Social club Leeds

08/11/08 King Tuts Glasgow

09/11/08 Limelight Belfast

10/11/08 Academy Dublin

+ A NEW RECORD.  V. GOOD.

This is quite soon. Who's going?

Kunal wrote:

This is quite soon. Who's going?

i'm going to london and leeds.

Break Up Your Band

cant wait for leeds

really glad i went to london and leeds - perfect from now on was great in london but a totally different set in leeds - nothing from PFN at all! lots of there's nothing wrong with love and keep it like a secret tracks.

Break Up Your Band

yeah, last night was really great! i was expecting perfect from now on, so it took me a couple of songs to get my head around the fact they were just going to play a normal set. got like 4 or 5 songs from keep it like a secret though, which was amazing. the jam at the end was like, totally trippy dude.

They did actually play a song from Perfect From Now On, but that isn't really of interest as they were fucking terrible.  No dynamics, no stage presence, poor set list, poor crowd.  Could go on and on.

Absolute waste of money.

DIY minded recording in Leeds: www.suburbanhome.co.uk

What was the last song they played (at leeds)? Thought it was a fairly wonderful set on the whole. A fairly terrifying woman from manchester rubbing my shoulder was a highlight too.

I often mistake Neil Diamond for some okra

whackmybonobo wrote:

What was the last song they played (at leeds)? Thought it was a fairly wonderful set on the whole. A fairly terrifying woman from manchester rubbing my shoulder was a highlight too.

last song was Virginia, Reel Around The Fountain - a Halo Benders song (Doug with Calvin Johnson) but also on the BTS live album.

Break Up Your Band

i am loving there's something wrong with love at the moment

what a band

anyone got the new album? it's getting a UK release on ATP records in feb, but i already bought it from the internets.
it's really good, bit of a return to form. more tunes, less long jams. i'm not too keen on the first track, but after that it's all gold.

Break Up Your Band

mrtn wrote:

anyone got the new album? it's getting a UK release on ATP records in feb, but i already bought it from the internets.
it's really good, bit of a return to form. more tunes, less long jams. i'm not too keen on the first track, but after that it's all gold.

i'm really into it!

sub pop just reissued there's nothing wrong with love on vinyl and i bought one last weekend and i love finally having this album on vinyl!
also happy they kept it on a single lp in stead of the 2lp's warner bros did for keep it like a secret and perfect from now on