Topic: rocket science

just got the 7" on electrolux (the other is on simba). so awesome! indiemo from 1996. man. side a is like a cross between christie front drive and superchunk / the get up kids. side b is like lumber. totally over-looked band.

f- ripz coming up.

Re: rocket science

great

http://www.collective-zine.co.uk/emo

two mp3s will be there.

if you can listen to avalon and not wish they made an lp full of this stuff, or listen to saying things like wish or want and not get all emo as the song just kills you with that final spiralling build up to the finish, then hand in your emo card on your way out of this thread.

f- ripz were compiled on a cheap ass dual cs505-2 record player via a pro-ject phono box, run of the mill phono cables and a soundblaster audigy zs soundcard.

cheers andy, those songs are great

ditto, the "lumber" one is incredible

"I believe that it is possible for a person to be able to do what they want, aim for what they want, without the fear of what those around them might say....whatever you might choose to do in your life, make sure you make that choice yourself"

found the electrolux seven inch in a record store in the new arrivals. OH BOY was i excited

this song is so awesome.

incidentally also the name of a relatively well known australian "high energy r'n'r" band from the late 90s...

andy that song is amazing (i had it on my old zen/laptop - but it broke need to get hold of real copy)

pylon played a cover at their reunion gig at out of spite 2011 - i'm pretty sure it was of that song (can anyone confirm??)

short live footage of rocket science

looks like the singer was more into oasis than his band mates smile