Re: At The Drive-In reform (maybe)

The main thing I get from this thread is that Kingmob should return

settle down

doink

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/jim-ward-a … part-ways/

...tis all in peeces, all cohaerence gone...

rubbish then

progtastic

...tis all in peeces, all cohaerence gone...

fun thread

You pays your money you take your chances.

I am very, very rarely impressed with any band reforming. A band generally splits as its run out of steam or the people hate each other, or both / more / less....either way its finished. Anything after that point seems odd. People who go generally only want to hear the old stuff or are sold on the "will perform such and such album in full"

I suppose thats fine. I`m just a massive cynic.

scott of the antarctic wrote:

The main thing I get from this thread is that Kingmob should return

Waiting on The Sweary jaded nostalgia wagon really getting rolling so I can reform and revel in my past glories whilst fleecing 'punks' for £50 tshirts.

well things have taken a downwards turn................

https://twitter.com/flavaadit/status/711435274035695618

For what it's worth - Coalesce and Sleep have both totally delivered on the reunion front in the live arena in my opinion.  Made it totally worth it.  Coalesce especially were great.  Glad I never saw the ATDI reunion last time round as all reports sounded dire.......i'll stick to the memory of them in Manc '99.
Generally don't have a problem with reunions as it's up to you if you go.  I just pretend they aren't happening most of the time. 

Oh - and Braid live were lots of fun when they came back so i'll include them.....not sold on the new material i heard but fair play for actually doing something.

Mr Gerbik, Half-shark, half-man, skin like an alligator.  Carrying a dead walrus. Check it.

Cedric Bixler is mad isn't he? just been on his twitter

Moff wrote:

well things have taken a downwards turn................

https://twitter.com/flavaadit/status/711435274035695618

For what it's worth - Coalesce and Sleep have both totally delivered on the reunion front in the live arena in my opinion.  Made it totally worth it.  Coalesce especially were great.  Glad I never saw the ATDI reunion last time round as all reports sounded dire.......i'll stick to the memory of them in Manc '99.
Generally don't have a problem with reunions as it's up to you if you go.  I just pretend they aren't happening most of the time. 

Oh - and Braid live were lots of fun when they came back so i'll include them.....not sold on the new material i heard but fair play for actually doing something.

Those McLusky reunion charidee gigs were absolutely amazing. Falco alluded a few times between songs that reunions are usually a bit crap but did it in a way that was neither fishing for compliments or so depreciating it would alienate the audience.

Hope they never do it again though.

Joe C wrote:

Cedric Bixler is mad isn't he? just been on his twitter

wow man, that thing is all over the place yikes

think he's a scientologist if that answers the question

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first time
I never think about the last

who remembers this post ATDI fall out banger?

shame that's about 3Kbps. like it, never heard it before.

There was literally a few months where Sparta and the Mars Volta sounded like ATDI .. then....