101 (edited by jimcore 10-11-2015 19:23:15)

Re: drive like jehu

Moff wrote:

It's mainly been covered now but yea, cancelling events, dodgy business practices, screwing bands and punters over alike.  They just generally don't seem to give a shit yet keep re-naming the actual company and trying again...which is fine if everything has been settled the last time....but to never seems it has been. 

As Joe mentions up there ^ also, I'd be very wary of flying over from hong Kong if that was at all your intention!!

Added: 10-11-2015 16:51:27

Joe C wrote:

I screened a documentary about the SD scene and John Reis was pretty happy to admit they were a mix of the Dischord sound and Slint to their own ears. Which is why it's so good wink

I May try and get them down the Wagon in Brum instead as a warm up as that would be more like it :-).

Good film all round really, although wanted more on Heroin.

Shit at least make it The Hare And Hounds plz Tom wink wink wink. Also, I first read your last sentence as 'wanted more heroin' big_smile.

ALSO - really hope Drive Like Jehu at least book a London date as a warm up or whatever, understand all the criticism of ATP on here for obvious reasons, but my main reservation is that it's at fucking PONTINS (lol!).

Putting the chat amongst the pigeons.

def do it at the wagon if those are the options, if you don't live in brum/have a car the hare and hounds is a total ballache

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first time
I never think about the last

I saw DLJ back in them there 90s in Leeds. I have almost no recollection of this event in my life.

xdamienx wrote:

def do it at the wagon if those are the options, if you don't live in brum/have a car the hare and hounds is a total ballache

Well if it actually really happened then I'd be happy enough with The Wagon, but as it stands I'm just lolin' and assume Tom is, too (assume) wink.

Putting the chat amongst the pigeons.

Moff wrote:

It's mainly been covered now but yea, cancelling events, dodgy business practices, screwing bands and punters over alike.  They just generally don't seem to give a shit yet keep re-naming the actual company and trying again...which is fine if everything has been settled the last time....but to never seems it has been. 

As Joe mentions up there ^ also, I'd be very wary of flying over from hong Kong if that was at all your intention!!

Added: 10-11-2015 16:51:27

No, wasn't planning on flying all the way for that - just saying that ATP seems to have amazing line-ups, esp. when compared to what we get in the only annual music festival in Hong Kong:

http://www.clockenflap.com/line-up

think i'm going to have to get a ticket. it's Drive Like Jehu FFS.

obviously yeah ATP fucked up a bunch of times etc etc but i wan to see DLJ.

actually surprising how good seeing bands at Pontins/Butlins is. the sound is brilliant and a lot better than some larger venues. obviously ATP deserve the attacks on them but, if the events go ahead as they should, they're genuinely really good.

ewan wrote:

think i'm going to have to get a ticket. it's Drive Like Jehu FFS.

obviously yeah ATP fucked up a bunch of times etc etc but i wan to see DLJ.

actually surprising how good seeing bands at Pontins/Butlins is. the sound is brilliant and a lot better than some larger venues. obviously ATP deserve the attacks on them but, if the events go ahead as they should, they're genuinely really good.

I would suggest waiting to see what other dates come up no?

How miserably predictable that this was cancelled. Hope no-one here gets burned on it. As much as this isn't surprising I gotta admit if I'd been in the UK I might well have risked it to see Jehu...

We're going to party, karamu, fiesta, forever.

List/Listless: http://listless1.bandcamp.com

axisofevil wrote:

How miserably predictable that this was cancelled. Hope no-one here gets burned on it. As much as this isn't surprising I gotta admit if I'd been in the UK I might well have risked it to see Jehu...

I was ready to get a ticket but was made aware of past ATP issues and decided against it. glad I did.

110 (edited by roberto 19-04-2016 08:07:38)

constant wrote:
axisofevil wrote:

I was ready to get a ticket but was made aware of past ATP issues and decided against it. glad I did.

agree with above, I didn't get a ticket as got burned on jabberwocky (though did still get to see Van Pelt) and hoped they'd play some separate dates (no offence but not interested in swami john reis and the blind shake)

when they moved it to Manchester, started to think maybe I should try and get down to part of it (though DLJ were playing the sunday night, and got a rather expensive ticket for Richmond Fontaine/working Monday)

now this

guessing all the flights are still booked though?

think i read that DLJ pulled out because ATP were going to book their flights, but never did.

man, so weird sad
Do they just get away with this stuff?

Did many people get to see the van pelt last year? i heard they were amazing still. would have loved to see them man..

ATP even loused up that Van Pelt gig - ended up selling my ticket to someone on the door because they weren't coming on til midnight or something.

wallyofdoom wrote:

man, so weird sad

as long as you people keep buying tickets.

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first time
I never think about the last

xdamienx wrote:
wallyofdoom wrote:

man, so weird sad

as long as you people keep buying tickets.

Exactly. I'm amazed that anyone with even the vaguest finger on the pulse would give a penny to ATP.

Given how nervous everyone was before last weekend I can't imagine many people would put that much trust in ATP again.

I took the chance and am now bummed. don't think enough people trusted them to buy tickets for the weekend. can't blame those who have no faith in ATP and i'm now in that number. no more! I can't see how they can ever manage a fest again.

Break Up Your Band

i was looking forward to seeing soulside last night. they ruined that, the bastards.

I like music.